Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

40k miles Major Service for 2005 997 C2S - advice please?

c10vet

Hi there,

Having searched the older posts I cannot find the advice I am after regarding the upcoming 40k / 4 yr service for my 2005 Carrera S (Tip).

All of the car's previous services are OPC with stamps in the book etc. I bought the car this Jan and need to service now. But trying to find who best to service with. Current findings are:

* Tower Porsche (Druid St, London SE1) - £480 all in inc plugs (and cash helps ;-) Very handy as very near me.

* OPC East London (Stratford) - £1018 inc VAT and plugs. But when pushed a 10% discount available - heard mixed things.

* RSJ (Slough) - £517.50 inc VAT and plugs. Hear good things about Sid, but is an hour away (though they do collect/return).

Has anyone got any advice on the whether I will devalue my car by going anything other than OPC (i.e. is the £500 saving now going to cost me later?), and if Indie is the way to go who to use??? Will using Tower over RSJ be a different experience and make a difference come resale time (in 1 yr or so)?

Thanks all.

Chris.

does it still have a Porsche warranty?

if yes I'd go OPC,especially after hearing about 997 engines going pop and claims not being paid due to non-franchised servicing,if not,tbh not heard of Tower Porsche as much as RSJ and I'm up in Aberdeen so not ideally placed to say one is better than the other but like I said Ive heard a lot more about RSJ than Tower

Thanks Rodders. No I do not have a Porsche warranty.

What a plonker I am for not stating earlier....

Cheers!

service

I had this service a few months ago on mine and went OPC, I paid just over £1000. One for the warranty but seccondly I am sure that a full main dealer history makes quite a difference to the resale value/saleability to a car this age.

£1,000 for the 2nd service!!

I just got a price of £680 incl. VAT from my local OPC for my 40,000 service which includes plug and brake fluid change etc. If you get the warranty at the same time I believe any accommodating OPC will not charge you for the inspection part of the warranty which is about £200.

So, in theory you can get the service and warranty for about £1,800 if the service was £680 and the warranty £1,350.

Sounds like they have forgot to quote you for some of the elements. On top of the standard service you need spark plugs and brake fluid!! Also the aircon has to have some sort of service !

Sorry Anthony, edited my post whilst you were replying...

If its £680 OPC v £500 non OPC then I think I would advise you to go OPC...even though I personally always prefer non OPC (due to IMO a much better level of service & passion for the car)

If its double for OPC v non then makes no sense to pay OPC premium & really dont think will make any difference in resale value

I do not think that going to OPC will make any significant difference in terms of resale value (ie the price of a car serviced by OPC and a good indie should not vary too much). Saying this it should be easier to sell a car that has been serviced by OPC as some people will only consider buying cars serviced by the official network.
If you are after a good indie I would recommend Jaz in Wembley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back