Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A little warranty good news for a change...

ResB

Just had a call from my local OPC.

As you know the car is currently in having the RMS changed (again) and a couple of coil packs replaced, before I can extend the warranty once again.

However, as my discs are cracked and have been since the first year of ownership I have effectively been told that the discs, pads, and associated items need changing, along with a brake fluid change also. I of course knew this would be the case but because the car is coming up to 3 years old I need an MOT as well!!

The car will not pass an MOT until the discs etc are changed. So, I had no choice to get them changed.

After some toing and froing the OPC have agreed to change the offending items for a far more competitive price than I thought possible. However, there's a problem...

I got a call today saying that after taking the callipers off, they have been unsuccessful in removing some of the ancillary items which need to be replaced at the same time. I believe specifically the dampers have fused themselves to the callipers and after trying multiple methods to release them including soaking them over night, the OPC has said that I need new callipers!!!

Having spoken to Porsche the callipers will be replaced under warranty which to be perfectly honest I'm really pleased about. God knows what the cost of those would have been..

So, perhaps, on this occasion the warranty was well worth it. So that's the RMS, coil packs, filler flap hinge and front callipers replaced under warranty this year. (not even sure the callipers are covered to be honest, emm, must be...thank god.) :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back