Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera GT at the Ring

barty964rst

Montreal
Check this out, Black Falcon Team. Not seen a GT spanked that well before.

Something tells me it isn't his car either, scrapes and Carousel entry.

barty964rst said:
Something tells me it isn't his car either, scrapes and Carousel entry.

Since that seems to be racing driver Marc Basseng and this was apparently filmed when they were doing the magazine feature comparing the CGT, MC12, Zonda and Enzo - I think that is a particularly safe assumption.

Thought it amusing that this time was done when he wasn't comfortable with the road setup - imaging what it would go around there on slicks with an appropriate setup...
:?:

Yep I remember that article, EVO mag wasn't it? Think the MC12 did the best in the end, but its built on basically the same chassis as the Enzo is it not?

Best article EVO ever had was the "200mph on public roads" with the crazy Audi TT MTM BIMOTO with 2 engines and 740bhp.

The acceleration in 6th quite blatantly embarrassed the super cars along for that weekend even if it never felt accomplished in doing so. :lol:

Check out the dual rev guages:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQk-r3d9uMQ

Eggman said:
Yep I remember that article, EVO mag wasn't it? Think the MC12 did the best in the end, but its built on basically the same chassis as the Enzo is it not?

More than basically. The MC12 could best be thought of as an Enzo Racing car with a few token pieces of trim - if it hadn't been the fastest then someone would have had to have got it very wrong indeed...

Suffice to say - despite having less power than an Enzo, the MC12 is the faster version on track.

Saw an MC12 at a car show at the Nurburgring, love the shape of the front windscreen but thats about it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back