Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

pre-purchase electronic read out review

edward113

There was an interesting article in last months 911&porsche world suggesting that a review of the onboard computer file to check for mileage, instances and frequencies when rev counts have been excessive and a couple of other checks should be part of any pre-purchase inspcetion

has anyone ever done this and was it of use? - it sounds like a really good idea.

I tried for this with my OPC when they did an 111 point check for me prior to buying a C4S privately. The service manager at the OPC did not want to know and said that it was a waste of time ! I wasn't too impressed with his attitude. :x

The readout is very useful to see how many times it has been over-revved and how high the revs were. The printout will show every single occurrence,duration and rev-range!

I would insist on it. Even if it were new. :)

I did this - and passed... but still my did not prevent engine going pop after 2k miles....useful...but not conclusive

Unfortunately none of the stats will show you if the car has been warm properly at low revs before going fast. You can still be within the revs but if I push the car at 6500RPM from the beginning it will not show but will not do any good to the engine.
Saying that the more checks the better but as bigfish is saying it doesn't mean no failure

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back