Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997TT Sport Exhaust

You are right about interior noise v noise for other the enjoyment of other people. I tend to drive my cars over long distances and one of the things that I appreciate about Porsche engineering is that interior dbl's are considered more important than a sporty sound.
I have replaced exhaust systems on past cars because they offered reductions in both weight and back pressure. To me, these are the most important criteria and not a sporty sound.
Some journo's commented on the interior noise level of the 997 GT2 at launch but I think they probably had issues with the club spec roll bar creaking - which I did not select on my spec. My comment would be; not as quiet as a 7TT but the sound of that engine as the torque winds-up soon overcomes you, and its more intrusive because you have no rear seats!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back