Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Painting centre console

Hasan

Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing a 997 C2S Cab that has a terracotta interior and Basalt Black exterior.

To break up the interior, I would want to paint the rear section of the centre console in the exterior colour.

Has anyone done this?....can anyone recommend somewhere to get this done?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks

Attachments

• terracotta_7_766.jpg
    terracotta_7_766.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,806
Someone has certainly done this, and if I could remember which forum it was on I would add the link but I am afraid that I will have to leave you to do some searching.

If I were to do such a thing though, I'd get a replacement console from a breakers or fleabay, paint it (or get frankly any local independent body shop to do it if you were not so inclined yourself) then swap it in and keep the original (£150 on there currently http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PORSCHE-987-9...2:1683|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318#ht_1373wt_988 )

Be careful I think the Gen 1 and Gen 2 centre consoles are different. I think due to the ipod interface.

That pic you put up is a gen 2 car yet the flea bay one is for a gen 1.

Just check with OPC re parts numbers etc...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back