Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 4s failure - credit where its due

brillo

To follow on from my earlier post - facts were 2.5 yr old 4s 35000 miles tapping noise ......

In short finally had some good news this week so thought i would comment on the good stuff as well re warrantywise who have agreed to pay the claim and for Porsche UK who are covering the rest c5k.

Only problem now is that there are no engine's in the UK and I am waiting for a date fom Porsche - a very frustrating 6 weeks off the road now!!!!

So in summary happy to have some kind of resolution that does not leave me 10k out of pocket, but still frustrated that a) it happened anyway b) still dont know when I will be back in my car.

:bye: :bye:

Sounds like a good result. A question: I have no idea how many members there on 911uk but I've been wondering if we don't have some clout with Porsche GB and/or OPC. If a member has a genuine complaint would it be feasible to organise a petition whereby we can say that we feel they are being treated unfairly - it just might get them to reconsider? Guess the problem is that some members might try to abuse it and it will be difficult to know when it's genuine or not :dont know:

Collective action might work even if it means asking for a clarification on the situation i.e is there a problem and how are they going to deal with engine failures. Its very likely they will send a generic reply that they will be looking case by case (nothing new) but then they might pass the message further up the food chain.
I am almost sure that Porsche UK are already watching this forum but do not have access to the logs to confirm that :)

Theo

Obviously PGB will be correlating all the faults on the 996/997 but it doesn't make business sense for them to reveal their findings. So the only way to get that into the public domain is by getting everyone together ... :eek: I'm starting to have flashbacks to the sixties, I'm see 'people power'. There must be enough of us on here to make PGB to sit up and take notice ... guess they will be crossing me off their Christmas card list as I type this :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back