Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warranty Costs?

KissMyRs said:
Getting the car back on wedneday. :)

Needed a few bits, Main Oil Seal was leaking slightly, cam cover had a bit of a leak, and something on the steering rack had a bit of play?

Intially i was given a big bill, in the region of about 2-3k to get it all sorted. Steve, the advisor at OPC East London was very helpful, the car had only done 2000miles since being serviced, when at the period it had a warranty, they reported nothing wrong? So the main oil seal, and the cam cover leak was all sorted free of charge, and i got a discount to have the steering rack thing sorted and 4 wheel alignment done at circa £400. Result!

Now i can drive it with confidence again as the warranty is live! :D

I'd be interested to know if they actually did anything with the RMS and cam covers when they "sorted" them :wink:

It's amazing how many cars apparently need a new RMS until it is discovered that the car is out of warranty and the customer doesn't want to pay for it...

My car was reported as needing a new RMS just 3 months after it was changed under warranty... I didn't have it done (warranty had lapsed) and it was still going strong when I sold it 50,000 miles later with no oil loss whatsoever.

austinpowers said:
the PPI cost the same at all OPC's. cheapest i've found is Reading at £200

sorry, that doesn't make any sense?

I've just received my warranty notification and have to book my car in for its 111 point inspection.

The cost is £1,350 and includes 1 years Porsche Assistance and the fee for the inspection, possibly because it is already under warranty.

If the car is presently under warranty its £1350
If it has no warranty its £1450

for 2 years its £2495
0r £2695 if not under warranty

you have to have an inspection at the end of year 1 Free of charge ( or included depending on how cynical you are) with the 2 year warranty

all prices include the 111 point check inspection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back