Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another Porsche police car... this time a 930 Slantnose?

Porsche News

We're not sure what's in the water in Alabama, USA lately, but we've just received word that the YellowHammer State is getting its second Porsche police car in about a month.

Back in late February, it was announced that the Hoover PD had obtained a newer 911 thanks to drug seizure laws. This time, the car in question was a donation and the constabulary recipients are the boys and gals in blue at Homewood Police.

This time, new cruiser is a bit more interesting than a garden-variety 911, too – it's a 1981 930 Slantnose (the source article calls it a 935) – and reportedly it's a genuine example, not a conversion.

As with Hoover's 911, the 930 has been given a police-spec stripe job, and it will likely lead a reserved life on parade and school tour duty. One interesting note is that Police Chief Phil Dodd is hoping to get the two patrol Porsches together for charity events – and potentially even dice it up at Barber Motorsports Park.

Alabama authorities, we'll be happy to get pulled over when you get yourselves a 917.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2009/03/homewood_police_add_porsche_to.html

Attachments

• porsche_homewood_178.jpg
    porsche_homewood_178.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 2,525
Nice one, at least when pulled over for speeding it would not be so hard to put up your hands and utter the hackneyed words for the appearance in court: "Its a fair cop Guv you've got me banged to rights".

PS with my last post I went a little retro ie "928"

Big Bob :bye:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back