Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Engine Failure

Wattie - this is my point exactly. Porsche admitted that there was nothing I could have done to prevent this. The dealership said Posche GB would "contribute" something. They did not & dealing with Porsche GB was like dealing with a back street garage. They are a disgrace IMO & therefore will never go near them again

So far I have stopped a guy I have only met once buying a 997 due to his disgust at the way I have been treated - thats £75k lost revenue & probably £30k (?) profit . They could have offered me 50% & I would have been way less vocal.

Jamie - I had the car 3 months 11 days before this happened

Wattie said:
So come on Porsche, offer a proper goodwill scheme for all these people (unless YOU can prove that the owners were negligent), instead of profiting further from extortionate price warranties! And how about a proper warranty for starters? or don't you have enough confidence in your own product to risk that? :wink:

Audi RS forum members and owners managed to get the warranty on DRC extended to 5 years after pressure was exerted by owners, (led by a guy called Phil, I think.)

I think most people consult forums prior to purchase these days, so the phases of Denial, Complacency, Support for an inferior product, and finally some sort of Action are all well documented now!

An approach needs to be made to Porsche, in the meantime the used 997 market loses one more customer. At Least.

They can't afford to willy nilly around on your stupid engines especially in these hard times of financial crisis. After all they have just built a new museum showing how good they are :grin:

I notice that PCGB have just deleted a 997 engine failure thread on their forum...

bigfish said:
Wattie - this is my point exactly. Porsche admitted that there was nothing I could have done to prevent this. The dealership said Posche GB would "contribute" something. They did not & dealing with Porsche GB was like dealing with a back street garage. They are a disgrace IMO & therefore will never go near them again

So far I have stopped a guy I have only met once buying a 997 due to his disgust at the way I have been treated - thats £75k lost revenue & probably £30k (?) profit . They could have offered me 50% & I would have been way less vocal.

I hope dealers I know don't shoot me down on this but if you bought this from an Indy dealer, why aren't they supporting the car which they sold and profited from? You surely have some recourse back to them.

NXI20 said:
I notice that PCGB have just deleted a 997 engine failure thread on their forum...

This is a significant bit of information :judge:
Well done NXI20 :thumb:
Very intersting :eek:
Big Bob :bye:

Porsche seems to be shameless in its approach...

What now bigfish? Whats your next move?

I have always ruled out owning a Boxster or 996 for all the failures I've been told about...more so by owners/friends who wouldn't even know what a 'forum' is than on here/PH etc etc.

I had thought I'd see myself having a 997 as well as the 993 but hearing all these issues come out regarding failures AND service/attitude from Porsche I am much less convinced it would be a wise thing to do.

I'm gutted to hear my most revered and iconic brand seems to have begun self-destructing itself just as I'm at the age where I thought I could really enjoy it.

Chris W said:
I had thought I'd see myself having a 997 as well as the 993 but hearing all these issues come out regarding failures AND service/attitude from Porsche I am much less convinced it would be a wise thing to do.

I'm gutted to hear my most revered and iconic brand seems to have begun self-destructing

Pretty much concur with you Chris.....It's my dream also to have a 993 sitting next to a 997 in my garage but these reported issues scare me a little bit from buying anything later than my own 996.

~ Maxie :nooo:

Jamie said:
bigfish said:

I hope dealers I know don't shoot me down on this but if you bought this from an Indy dealer, why aren't they supporting the car which they sold and profited from? You surely have some recourse back to them.

Bigfish, Jamie's right. I am having difficulty understanding why you haven't gone back to the indy that sold it to you, seeing as you only bought the car three months previously.

When I was looking to buy I looked at a number of indys, all of which offered a warranty of some sort, and many were designed to pay for a new engine should the worst happen. Did you not get one of these?

I'm just trying to figure this out as some of the pieces of the puzzle appear to be missing here. :?

Don't get me wrong, I would be furious if the same happened to me and I would be the first one to start banging on about it on this website but I would also expect my warranty to pay for it. Now, if they tried to wriggle out of that one then that would be different!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back