Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Only 52 997 C2S Coupe's for sale accross the OPC network

Jamie_G

That includes a couple of Gen2 cars. I have seen prices increasing dramatically this year on like for like cars that were being sold in Q4 2008. Which is good for residuals.

Out of those you will only find 5 cars in the network with Sports Exhuast and Sports Seats which range from £46K to £60K.

I was prompted to have a quick look hearing about the 'We want to buy your Porsche' letter/e-mail mentioned on pcgb forum.

I had that e-mail from the OPC yesterday.....

Maybe if I'd waited i may have got more in PX for HD1 but looking around don't think I'd have got such a good deal on HD007 so seem to have done a good deal overall.............

I got that email as well. I had to laugh, I only just bought the car from them a month ago!

Glad I bought when I did though. A quick trawl through the cars for sale shows that prices have gone up a lot in the last four weeks, and selection is diminished greatly.

As few people said on the forum there the second hand market is not unlimited. We had people panic selling due to the general economic contritions etc so short term an oversupply of nearly new cars into the market but as soon as all of us bought those then the number of cars in the market has been reduced thus the price is going where it was supposed to be.
The lucky few who bought cars between November and January might see the value of the car increasing a bit....(although that is just on paper as I do not see anybody buying such a car and selling it within 3-4 months)

theogeor said:
As few people said on the forum there the second hand market is not unlimited. We had people panic selling due to the general economic contritions etc so short term an oversupply of nearly new cars into the market but as soon as all of us bought those then the number of cars in the market has been reduced thus the price is going where it was supposed to be.
The lucky few who bought cars between November and January might see the value of the car increasing a bit....(although that is just on paper as I do not see anybody buying such a car and selling it within 3-4 months)

You could be right there. I brought a Gen II C2S Coupe, manual with a great spec with 3000 miles on in Janaury for just over £60k from a paranoid OPC. It has just over 4000 miles on today and may return a small profit.

I noticed the 997 c2s with pse, etc I was going to buy was put back on the forecourt a week later but with an increase of £3k on what I was buying it at.

slg said:
I noticed the 997 c2s with pse, etc I was going to buy was put back on the forecourt a week later but with an increase of £3k on what I was buying it at.
Not suprised one bit they will back to shafting the customer as soon as they can, I bet the pex values wont be increasing any time soon. Id love to get in the mind of an OPC.
The problem for them is going to be finding the cars as the only ones selling are really good spec cars. Key items seem to be PSE, chrono, Adaptive sports seats, nav, heated seats, bose and cruise. A car with all these seem to sell very quickly. The majority of cars left on the site at the moment are inferior spec to what I mention and have been there for a while.

I think you will find the p/ex bids have been increasing too. I have no problem with their forecourt prices going up as they represent supply / demand and stock is now selling. The fact is they fell too quickly last year and I bet that despite poor p/ex bids last year that not many OPC cars sold for a profit. In most cases they were taking big hits in a rapidly falling market.

The reason why there are only 52 997s in the whole OPC network is because the rest of them appear to be in the OPC garage having rebuilds! :eek:

northeast canuck said:
I got that email as well. I had to laugh, I only just bought the car from them a month ago!

Thats just poor...I'd have been really annoyed if that was me. True customer recognition and value.

There seem to be quite a few now and loads on pistonheads. I always look and there seem to be 3-4 new 997s put up on pistonheads daily.

Jamie said:
I think you will find the p/ex bids have been increasing too. I have no problem with their forecourt prices going up as they represent supply / demand and stock is now selling. The fact is they fell too quickly last year and I bet that despite poor p/ex bids last year that not many OPC cars sold for a profit. In most cases they were taking big hits in a rapidly falling market.

One thing to bear in mind is the weak £, anything I buy from my European suppliers has gone up by 15-20% this year, even Ford and Vaux had to put their prices up!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back