Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fabspeed 997 Cold Air Kit

davidwilson11

Hi there,

Has anyone out there tried the Fabspeed cold air kit? had a look around thier site and looks okay.

anyone got any feedback?

215 dollars for a silicone hose and a cap :?
I bought the uk ebay version for about 60 pounds. Which is still a bit much.

I dont know about 997's and the airbox set up, but on a 996 I put on the new main intake hose and decided also to remove the helmhotz chamber to improve airbox volume and made up a blanking pliug

Is it any faster? No
Does it sound any better, yes its got a better howl above 4000 revs
It also has an annnoying boom at lower revs

Will I be changing it back sometime, probably yes

Also they sell stainless steel headers ( exhaust mainfolds ) for 1500 dollars that look suspiciously like the ones I got also from ebay for 105 pounds new , trouble is that my exhaust nuts are rusted blobs, so even the Indy didnt want to touch them.

I fitted one from the Porsche Shop (Check out their prices- very competitive) on my 996 Carrera 2 together with a Full Supersprint Exhaust System and a Revo Upgrade, and together they produced a remarkable result of performance and improved fuel economy.
If you do fit the Fab Speed System, continue to use the Standard Porsche Dry Air Filter. Do not be tempted to use the "oiled filter" that comes as standard with the Fabspeed Kit.
The oil can get picked up in the airflow and contaminate the hot crosswires in the mass airflow sensor. This results in Orange Engine Management Light episodes, that require the Mass Airflow Sensor to be cleaned or replaced.
Regards Big Bob :bye:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back