Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warranties - Secure your agreement up-front

royd999

Hockenheim
Had the 997 for just over 2 months now and still delighted with it.

This is probably a good time for a word to the wise - if you're about to part with your cash.

Do make sure that you get everything agreed up-front nefore you seal the deal and don't leave any "Wriggle room" for the less scrupulous/less competent dealer. This includes the warranty.

In my case, I allowed myself to swallow the dealer's flannel about the "Great warranty" he provides. I've spent a good deal of the last month trying to get this guy to provide the 6 month warranty he promised. Firstly, I had to negotiate hard to get him to recognise that a maximum of £1,000 per claim is inadequate on a 997. He eventually and very grudgingly went to £2,000.

He says that he has actioned the warranty, but that's for for only 4 months, as I've already had the car 2 months. So by stone-walling, he has saved himself 2 months of premium. He also dug in his heels at the 4* level of cover and wouldn't go to 5*.

I understand from the warranty company that their Rep finally has the paperwork from the dealer and the policy should be active early next week, so it seems no harm is done.

This has however tarnished the buying experience. I have chased this guy time & time again, only to receive false assurances, unfulfilled promises to call me back and so on.

The bottom line is:
  • Get all your deal agreed and written up-front, while you have some bargaining power.
Ah well - we live and learn, don't we? :evil:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back