Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Tracker

ahmedz

Can someone advise; i have just repaired a 2005 (55) 911 C4S cab and was wondering if they come with a tracker system or is it an option?

I didnt get much paperwork with the car so have no information if the car has a tracker or not or whether it just needs to be activated..Ive read a few threads that state that they do come with a tracker and that its by Cobra..

Any advice will be helpful..

regards

I believe the VTS has been a standard for the 997. The service is running on behalf of Porsche by Cobra.
It might be worth checking with Porsche if VTS is installed. Cost annually is ~£175 but the system is excellent and it really works

VTS is a compulsary option on a 997 but I seem to remember that might not have been the case on the early ones. It might have come in - around 06/56 plate??

Maybe if you can call a Porsche dealer or Porsche GB with the chassis number to see if they can print off the original spec of the car as it will show as Porsche Vehicle Tracking System.

have you had the front bumper off mate.. if so you would have seen a gps unit and an aerial fixed to the alloy bump bar under the bumper, if this was not present it means it doesn't have porsche vts on it....

Hi There,

I have just purchased a 997 Carrera 2 and it has a tracker fitted. However, I can't find anyway of registering it etc... Can anyone help?

Many Thanks
James

Call Cobra @+441932732336 but if the previous owner had VTS enabled then you will need them to authorize the transfer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back