Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche pics

Ken did, you order the kit especially? Was it for the aesthetics or was it because you require extra downforce for track driving for example?

~ Maxie

Hi Maxie

Bought the kit for part looks, but want todo a few track days sometime. Not saying going to get upto that high a speed that i'll need it, but can hope.

Will go to Silverstone, as part of the purchase you get a half day's driving, so hope to sort that out soon. So can thrash their cars first before using mine on a track.

Sidlo,

great car & pics :thumbs: :thumbs:

I did my exhaust tips last Sat and couldn't get them back on :wack: :wack:

Did you know the car wouldn't fit in the garage before you bought her :?:

Thanks for the advice on detailing Chris. I will try the AG Super resin as there are a lot of swirls etc noticeable and some light scratches. The Sun highlights this as does street lights more. If not I will have to get someone to have a look as it will bug me over time. It is now actually.

Jose, yes I knew she would not fit the garage, I have all my kit etc in their and have never garaged my cars.

Oh oh, just read the Elite detailing method of washing cars. Best I pull my finger out. 2 buckets!! grit mesh!! 2 wash mitts etc. Wow I had better change my method pronto. :oops: Time to get her indoors up and off to halfords. Ever tried explaining to the missus why you need 2 buckets 2 mitts and a stack of micro fibres to wash a car? This could be interesting.

My new 3d carbon effect S1 DLO plates have just this minute arrived, they look great :D . Now where is that retention certificate.

sidlo said:
Oh oh, just read the Elite detailing method of washing cars. Best I pull my finger out. 2 buckets!! grit mesh!! 2 wash mitts etc. Wow I had better change my method pronto. :oops: Time to get her indoors up and off to halfords. Ever tried explaining to the missus why you need 2 buckets 2 mitts and a stack of micro fibres to wash a car? This could be interesting.

:lol: By the way sidlo, did u push Your luck & do u push a pram :floor:

I did push luck, :eek: thats maybe why it has taken me until I am 50 to get into a Porsche. :sad:

sidlo said:
I did push luck, :eek: thats maybe why it has taken me until I am 50 to get into a Porsche. :sad:

Well worth the wait :thumb:

Beautiful looking cars, black is a stunning colour when clean but an absolute b*tch to keep it that way... :thumb:

nice looking motor mate... 8)

Yes black is going to keep me busy, but I really do not mind. Pity the previous owner did not have the same attitiude to look after the paint. I have contacted Elite detailing (thanks to those who have recommended it) to come and have a look. Once up to standard, I can keep her in the condition she deserves. At the moment there are too many surface problems which are beyond my fettling skills to put right.

There is also damage to the surface where an albatros dropping must have been left too long on the bonnet. It must have been eating the remnants of a left over curry mixed in with grit, or fighting with one of them alien creatures as it has left a right mark. Looks good in the twighlight but not in the sun.

Hey ho it can be fixed.

Ken White said:
Hi Maxie
Bought the kit for part looks, but want todo a few track days sometime. Not saying going to get upto that high a speed that i'll need it, but can hope.

Fair enough, I quite like the kit anyway and would have it only for the looks. I have seen a C4S with the kit for sale which I quite like but its in grey. Would prefer Basalt instead.

~ Maxie :thumbs:

PS Sorry to hijack the thread Sidlo.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back