Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help! Fan question

rgeorge

I have a 997 C2S and have a query about the fan. At the front of the car I can hear the electric fan go on. It's at the front nearside. It seems that once it comes on it doesn't go off again until the car is switched off and on. The tempertaure gauge is fine and everything else is ok. The fan doesn't go off even if you drive it around. Any ideas please?

Its the fan of the aircon/climate control radiator.

Should it stay on all the time. It seems to stay on when I drive the car when I would have expected it to go off?

You should have your garage check it out.

I had this on my C4S and dealer found a fault with the aircon - I can't remember exactly what the fault was. I think it was a control box or the radiator.

Front fans run depending on what temp your aircon is set at in relation to the outside temp for obvious reasons.

Yes they do continue to run whether the car is stationary or not..
The rear fan does run-on after the key has been removed.
I can't remember my fronts running on with the key removed though.

I have read of a faulty sensor in aircon system meaning the fan runs continously but its not a common problem...

garyw

the other thing to look at if you are saying its just the nearside is that the o/s one is faulting causing n/s one to come on faster with a/c on to counteract faulty fan..

is it on fast speed or quite low..?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back