Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OBB Question

theogeor

Albert Park
Does anybody has any experience with using an ODB tool or ODB interface with a Laptop so as to read the different engine fault codes and other engine characteristics.
I am thinking of buying a USB interface (seen a lot of them on ebay) and the right software so as to enable me to view more detailed info about the engine and systems etc.
Any advice from someone who has already done that ? :?:

Theo

you mean obd.. you can get any type of handheld diag tool to check for faults..

for laptop you ideal way is durametric ehthusiast kit for around £160+ which will give you actual values but is onlt usable on 3 cars as it stores vin ...

i'm sure there are other more expensive ways around and someone will be along to inform you of other ways...

Porscheuro said:
you mean obd.. you can get any type of handheld diag tool to check for faults..

for laptop you ideal way is durametric ehthusiast kit for around £160+ which will give you actual values but is onlt usable on 3 cars as it stores vin ...

i'm sure there are other more expensive ways around and someone will be along to inform you of other ways...

Yes thanks for the correction OBD rather than ODB silly me.

Durametric does sound a bad option but I have seen cheaper ones over ebay but I do not know how good they are
By the way can someone confirm where the OBDII connector is on a 997 ? From what I have seen is on the driver site but I did not check where is actually is. I through is where the fuses are but I could not see it

your obd connector on 997 is under the glovebox in the centre.. :thumb:

you are right there are plenty out there but as far as im aware you can only check for faults and erase engine faults and minimal data....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back