Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM Phone Fault

clivejaustin

Can anyone help? I have just picked up a 2005 C2S and when I put the sim into the cradle all I get is a message saying "checking SIM.." It is not a SIM fault since I have had the same result with a number of different ones from different networks. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

clivejaustin said:
Can anyone help? I have just picked up a 2005 C2S and when I put the sim into the cradle all I get is a message saying "checking SIM.." It is not a SIM fault since I have had the same result with a number of different ones from different networks. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Just today I read a thread like this. Have a look because I believe the answer in that thread was do you know you have the phone module (not the handset as that is another option) as an optional extra?

Pete

Thanks for the ideas. Definately have the phone option fitted. Took it to Solihul Porsche in the end - turns out it is a dead SIM reader - new PCM required - £950! At least it is being covered by the supplying dealer - phew.

Good news clive. Thanks for the resolution update.

Pete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back