Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My New Baby, delivered.

sidlo

Montreal
:) Collected yesterday and completed a long drive back from Southend last night. A good way to get to know the car, which performed (touch wood) faultlessly. Spent this morning and till now, cleaning it and polishing it for the initial inspection. :x It strikes me that some people should never be allowed a Porsche without a written undertaking to take care of it. Dont get me wrong I am still buzzing and could not sleep again as I wanted to get to grips today. The paint requires help in places and being black accentuates marks as you know. The bonnet in particular.

I have a man from dent wizzard coming tommorrow to assess the stone chips and guage advice. All of the paint requires, I think claying, as it is bumpy and losing its lustre up close. It is better now I have spent the best part of 4 hours on her and she shines. My first question of many. Having never clayed before how easy/effective is it in practice? what are the best remedies for bringing the paint back up to my standards? and how much would a repaint (doesnt really need it but) cost.

A bonus, :thumb: although not in the advert the car also came with auto dim mirrors and auto wipers to the already generous spec. Bargain

Want to Post some pics cant work out how :floor: Help[/img]

Bet your well happy with it!

Get it detailed im sure it'll sort most of the paintwork issues out. :)

I have heard of this but not in any detail, what does it entail?. Yes I am very pleased, cant stop looking at it. I am writing this looking at its well proportioned arse from my window. No better sight (at the moment).

Its just a full clean by a professional, using the best productions and a machine polisher to make paintwork as good as it came out from factory!

Its a long process, normally takes 1-2days, most detailers will charge £300 onwards. :)

Sounds tempting that, I will pursue it. Any idea how to post pictures?[/img]

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back