Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 998 test driver in fatal accident

917k said:
ldt said:
:nooo: Man that's bad.
Makes You realise how dangerous these cars are.
I wonder what went wrong?

What do you mean

'makes you realise how dangerous these cars are'?

We have no idea what happened yet, only that had the accident been in England the Arco style barrier would almost certainly have saved the drivers life, as it is the one in Germay caused his death.

Its astraight road late at night with a hugely experienced Porsche test driver at the wheel, I say a blow it is apretty strong candidate

I doubt the accident had anything to do with the car or style of car at all

Im not gonna say too much, but if u stick to the speed limits, then fair play
I see Your point. However a 3.6 capable of 170+ IS a dangerous tool &
anything can happen to ANYONE at ANYTIME don't care if u think Your Nigel Mansell

ldt said:
917k said:
ldt said:

What do you mean

We have no idea what happened yet, only that had the accident been in England the Arco style barrier would almost certainly have saved the drivers life, as it is the one in Germay caused his death.

Its astraight road late at night with a hugely experienced Porsche test driver at the wheel, I say a blow it is apretty strong candidate

anything can happen to ANYONE at ANYTIME don't care if u think Your Nigel Mansell

What has the cars capability to do 170MPH plus got to do with this, we have no idea how fats or slow he was going or what caused the accident

And what on earth has sticking to the speed limit got to do with anything? (seeing as exceeding the posted limit is the primary cause for only around 7% of all accidents in this country)

:duh: What's the point, I give up :nooo:

917k said:
ldt said:
917k said:
ldt said:

What do you mean

What has the cars capability to do 170MPH plus got to do with this, we have no idea how fats or slow he was going or what caused the accident

And what on earth has sticking to the speed limit got to do with anything? (seeing as exceeding the posted limit is the primary cause for only around 7% of all accidents in this country)

Exactly. I was about to say the same thing until I saw what you wrote. Well said.

Chris W said:
What a bunch of pricks on that forum, no respect. FFS article starts "A 51 yr old died..." and still this caused confusion as to whether he survived unharmed or not???

There's a time for witty banter and that ain't one of them. :evil:

Yep you're right Chris it was a badly posted article on that forum and the members who wrote on there were in fact *****. I'm glad this forum isn't full of numpties.

That forum made for quite horrific reading, a combined mental age of 8 may very well be pushing it!

Shocking story, someone showed me the pics last week. Poor chap.

To me it looks like an obvious flaw in the armco design, this stuff is supposed to be designed to save lives. You can have all the crash testing and deformable structures you like designed into the front of the car but if the object you hit misses the front end completely, what chance have you got?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back