Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can you see the spoiler from a C2S cab?

RedJedi

Suzuka
Hi All,
Might be another stupid question, but how do you know the spoiler is up from a c2s cab - can't see it in the rear view or side mirrors?

Thanks
Aynit

I am not sure if you can as the spoler doesnt come that much anyway. Have you tried to have it always on and try to raise the seat as much as possible to see if you can see anything ?

Nah, you can't see it. there was a thread a while ago which provided some ingeneous methods for making sure it was operating!

Get someone to follow you but make sure they have a car which can keep up. ;)

ResB said:

So it needs to be another 911 but then who will check his?
It will look more like a race :floor:

As long as the red light on the lower console goes out when you first drive off, the spoiler should be working.
If the mechanism needs a bit of lubrication you can hear the spoiler moving! :whistle:
Ooops, just realised that we're not talking 993 here, so I don't know whether the red light bit is relevant?

theogeor said:
ResB said:

So it needs to be another 911 but then who will check his?
It will look more like a race :floor:

lol. Are you going to the Ring in May. Everyone can check everyone elses :) Ah, in fact those with Mini's and the like can hang around at the back and do the honours. Lets face it, thats where they'll be anyway. ;) :puh: :D

aynit911 said:
Hi All,
Might be another stupid question, but how do you know the spoiler is up from a c2s cab - can't see it in the rear view or side mirrors?

Thanks
Aynit

er - try looking to your right as you go down any high street???

martynb said:
aynit911 said:
Hi All,

Thanks
Aynit

er - try looking to your right as you go down any high street???

I wouldn't advise anyone driving down any high street at 70mph!

Get your Mrs to take the car out for a spin and you follow her. I love seeing my 911 being driven.

Thanks everyone,
will get someone to follow me - dont trust the mrs with the 911 - and i dont like to watch my car being driven - but I do like to watch, if you know what I mean....

Surprised there's no other way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back