Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Major maintenance

Does anyone know at approximately what mileage in a 997 you can expect to have to undertake fairly major work and approx costs from OPC.

I am thinking of clutch and RMS (not entirely clear what this is but hear a lot of talk about it)

I know that a lot depends on the type of usage, but assuming normal (not tracked etc) use can anyone give some feedback, just trying to budget for the future (car 03/07 23K)

your service schedule is as every 2year or 20,000 miles

so 2yr/20000 miles you have a minor service around £350 at opc

at 4yr/40000 miles you have a major service around £500 at opc plus additional service items which are spark plugs

brake fluid recommended replacement interval is every 2 year at a cost of around £100

opc are trying to match indy prices at moment to get work but not sure how many of em are doing this, they may bring the labour rate down, other way of saving money is by taking your own mobil 1 oil if you choose to use opc will save you around £60+..

you also have other variants like brake pads and discs to think of which are a small fortune at opc, rms you won't know about till its on a ramp , clutch will be whne you notice it gets very heavy and start slipping unless you have had a rms done and been advised to replace clutch

their should be a menu price list on porsche website for you to get a good idea on true costs..

911997 said:
Does anyone know at approximately what mileage in a 997 you can expect to have to undertake fairly major work and approx costs from OPC.

I am thinking of clutch and RMS (not entirely clear what this is but hear a lot of talk about it)

I know that a lot depends on the type of usage, but assuming normal (not tracked etc) use can anyone give some feedback, just trying to budget for the future (car 03/07 23K)

Have a look at;
http://www.porsche.com/filestore.as...icepricing-type996&lang=none&filetype=default

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back