Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does anyone know why?

bg259

Trainee
The previous generation, 996 c4s came with a turbo body, body kit, brakes and suspension less the whaletail. I cant understand why porsche havent done the same with the 997. I really thought the gen 2 would have it, just like the gen 2 996. They have added the red strip reflector over the boot, but that is about it. It is the eqivelant of the bmw m-sport models, amg kitted models and audi s-line models which give lower ranking more affordable models their flagship look... have porsche not missed a trick here or are they simply preserving the turbo status???

does share a wider body, but do agree... late 993 and 996 C4S's were turbo spec'ed, so no more turbo look ? to preserve the 911 Turbo difference ??

I think the "turbo look" thing can work both ways. The only way I'd personally want to be driving a "turbo look" car would be if it was a Turbo!

I just bought a GenII C4S and if it had been turbo look, I would have deleted those options (if that were possible) or simply bought something else.

I even shied away from turbo wheels for the same reason, even though I think they look quite good (on a turbo!).

Maybe Porsche just believes that's the way the market is today...

I think the "turbo look" thing can work both ways. The only way I'd personally want to be driving a "turbo look" car would be if it was a Turbo!

I just bought a GenII C4S and if it had been turbo look, I would have deleted those options (if that were possible) or simply bought something else.

I even shied away from turbo wheels for the same reason, even though I think they look quite good (on a turbo!).

Maybe Porsche just believes that's the way the market is today...

I don't think the 'S' models need to look any different than they do on the 997.

I think they got the shape and the look right. They obviously felt that a non S 996 needed some work.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back