Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying a new turbo from a non official OPC?

My only reservation of buying a new car from stock is that the fun of buying a new car (as well as knowing you are the only owner) is the Joy of Specs... poring over brochures, and drinking lots of dealer coffee whilst deliberating over plain or colour-coded stitching, whale foreskin edging to the mats etc.

Buying a new car from stock is sort of like buying used- you get what's there but without the used car discount. Buying from stock you are suffering the depreciation pain without, in my opinion, one of the major benefits so it would need to be a cracking deal.

Robertb said:
My only reservation of buying a new car from stock is that the fun of buying a new car (as well as knowing you are the only owner) is the Joy of Specs... poring over brochures, and drinking lots of dealer coffee whilst deliberating over plain or colour-coded stitching, whale foreskin edging to the mats etc.

Buying a new car from stock is sort of like buying used- you get what's there but without the used car discount. Buying from stock you are suffering the depreciation pain without, in my opinion, one of the major benefits so it would need to be a cracking deal.

With you on that one! But the nice thing about Porsche is that with Techquipment you can add most of that stuff as long as the colour combination is what you like. PCM is not on my bonnet sticker, but it's definitely there, as is some of the carbon fibre trim.

I have been in the market for a [used] turbo (and bought it last week!!!) for many many months.

Those cars at Autobahn have been sitting there for quite a while. They're not 2009 model year cars.

If I were buying "new" it would have to be a 2009MY with touchscreen PCM etc. Otherwise no difference with a 2006 year car.

Wattie said:
I have to laugh at these comments as we seem to have missed a key issue here... where are you going to find all these heavily depreciated used cars if everyone is 'prudent' and won't buy new? :dont know:

Or do you all think that new car buyers are complete numpties?

I have been involved in the car industry for nearly 30 years and fully understand depreciation from both seller and buyer perspectives and I would still buy new every time - IF I could afford the car I most wanted to own.

However, I would (and do) buy used ONLY if it enables me to have my dream car that I couldn't have new, or if it's a workhorse that I don't really have any emotional attachment to.

I would love to have a brand spanking new GT3, and if I could afford it I wouldn't give a flying **** about the depreciation... There is no feeling that compares to collecting a brand spanking new car and knowing that no-one else has driven it (except for on and off the transporter and into the workshop of course) - the new car smell, the clean engine and suspension, the first name on the V5, etc... :thumbs:

(and besides - you wouldn't want Dan to be out of a job on his birthday would you? :thumb: )

True words of wisdom there, I agree completely, to buy a brand new Porsche with your own individual taste put toward it is something else. It makes one more attached to their purchase. However, anyone who buys new are not buying a Porsche as part of an investment, in fact they are 100% liabilities when it comes to monetary value, its all about how the car makes you feel.

Buy a 997 turbo new for approx 115k+ with your own choice of ingredients/colours/styling/rim size etc

Buy a 997 turbo almost new and have to settle for what was already set and ready for you for 90k. (although more sensible from a monetary perspective)

Unless of course these things dont matter then its better to go for the one that is obviously cheaper. Really depends on what personal qualitities you want from the car.

Went to see the white 997 turbo 85 reg at Bramleys yesterday. Wow it is very bright. lovely car immaculate and a great spec. Colchester Porsche also have a new to be 09 reg black turbo with a great spec too. offered to me for 95K

Decissions or what, both are lovely both are manual which is what i what.

Canyt make up my mind, or shall i just get a fiesta!!!!!!!!!

Get a Fiesta! :D

Turbo's look brilliant in white imo, if your buying new, your not going to get anything extra if you buy from porsche anyway?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back