Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

sport Chrono

a17thc

Hi, I think I have found my first 997 C2s, how do I tell if the sport Chrono is fitted? it seems to have all the other extra's, sat nav, bose, sunroof, tele comm pack, rear parking sensors, heated electric memory seats..

Well, the extra clock (lap timer) mounted on the top center of the dash (i.e. under the rear view mirror) is the give away clue!!!

You also see an extra button on the bottom of the centre console with "sport" on.

IMO, this is very much a "worth to have" extra for what did not cost much on spec'ing a new car...

Good luck!

There will be a stop watch stuck to the middle of the dash like the photo below :thumb:

Attachments

• scan0007_208.jpg
    scan0007_208.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 4,601
Thanks, just checked the pics of the car and no sign of the stop watch. Pitty, still interested in the car,, It dosen't have the rear wipe, but does have the sensor, is that ok?

a17thc
Sports chrono is a nice option to have as it was about £500 to spec on new cars.
But it doesn't do a lot; 2 main extra's Are:

A change in throttle response, when the sport button is on.
Enables you to record lap times, which to be honest, makes you look a bit of a tool, when explain what the extra clock does, to your new girl friend or mates :?

If I found a good car that didn't have SC, if wouldn't put me off.

thanks for everybody's help.. I've learn't loads from this forum

Cunno said:
Enables you to record lap times, which to be honest, makes you look a bit of a tool, when explain what the extra clock does, to your new girl friend or mates :?

Is that what you really think? Or are you just quoting JC verbatim? ;)

I'll admit you don't use the timer much at all, but the throttle response increase when pressing the Sport button (my little boy calls it the "Trumpet Button") is a nice feature, it also opens the PSE if that is available also.

Some people hate it, personally I don't mind it. Prefer the dark face of the clock to the white like you get on the GT3 as opposed to the C2S.

Most passengers who ask what it is just accept what you tell them and express no opinions either way and have yet to take a young lady out for a drive to see if she asks, or even notices it! ;) However, just to agree to a certain extent with Cunno, I guess you have to be a tool to think ya new girlfriend would be interested in it in the first place. I'd talk about something else and avoid the SC demonstration. :D

Personally, I'd get one with SC.

HI

Im on my 2nd 911 and personally ive never specced sports chrono. I can see its appeal for track days and so on but for the ammount of time i'll spend on a track not worth the dough im afraid. My gen 2 with pdk has more than enough humph for me :thumbs: (HUMPH - NICE WORD THAT!!)

Mine hasn't got SC or PSE. There is one of those two I really want, and may well get retrofitted, and it's the PSE. However, bear in mind that you can retrofit PSE but not SC. Personally I probably wouldn't buy another 911 without PSE, but the presence or otherwise of SC wouldn't matter that much to me...

I like SC purely for the aesthetics, but then I'm shallow.

~ Maxie :oops: :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back