Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C2S Clutch

RedRob

Trainee
I have just purchased a 997 C2S and I am very happy with it. I drove a few cars before buying and I noticed that the clutches ranged from light to reasonably heavy. The car I have purchased has a reasonobily heavy clutch, can this be adjusted and why is it that the wieght of the clutch varies so much from car to car?

Hello

The weight change from car to car is determined by the amount of wear on the pressure plate part of the clutch as it hardens over time it gets harder to depress...a 997 has a sachs sac...(SAC= Self adjusting clutch) and is the first 911 to use it...so no adjustment possible.

Mike

Heavy clutch = worn clutch. I bought mine from an OPC, noticed that the clutch was very heavy compared to the same vehicle in another OPC (I went and checked every manual 997 in the showroom just to be sure!
I then got that OPC to check my car (all it took was a mechanic sitting in the car and pressing the clutch), and hey presto original OPC put a new clutch on as a goodwill gesture.

Compare it with others, if it's very heavy, and you've only just bought it, take it back.

How much is it to change clutch on a 997 these days? Do paying customers use OPC or someone like JZ?

Thanks for all your feedback chaps.
The car drives very well and I have been surprised by the torque on offer enabling you to poodle along at 30mph in sixth?But I have found that on the cars that I test drove the clutch on some cars was very light to very heavy and they were all C2S. I would say my car was some where in between. If the clutch is self adjusting and the wieght is not a massive issue now, how long until it could be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back