Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 997 Mk.2 PDK PSE Porsche Sports Exhaust

tedzwedz

The engineers of Porsche AG, Stuttgart, have developed a new sports exhaust system for the latest generation of the 911, available as an option on new models as of February 2009. This special exhaust gives the customer the opportunity to adjust the 911's unique sound to their personal preference; at the touch of a button, the exhaust system switches over to a more sporting and emotional sound.

The engineers of Porsche AG, Stuttgart, have developed a new sports exhaust system for the latest generation of the 911, available as an option on new models as of February 2009. This special exhaust gives the customer the opportunity to adjust the 911's unique sound to their personal preference; at the touch of a button, the exhaust system switches over to a more sporting and emotional sound.

The new sports exhaust system is made of modified stainless-steel main silencers and stands out through its two uniquely-styled dual tailpipes. The heart of the system is an exhaust flap on each main silencer activated by the engine's electronic control system, which switches over to a more sporting sound. The system is activated by a separate button on the center console, varying the sound of the exhaust as a function of engine load, road speed and engine speed.

The Euro base price of the sports exhaust system is 1,610 Euro excluding taxes. In the US the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is 2,500 US$ and In Canada, the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $3,410. Starting in April 2009, Porsche will also offer a Tequipment version as a retrofit part.

Attachments

• p09_0633k_146.jpg
    p09_0633k_146.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 4,203
Thank you for the information. Pricing issue aside, I'm not sure I like the way the tips look. :D

Seems to me a good price for increased technology over the existing 997 PSE. Tips are a matter of taste and I quite like them.

~ Maxie :)

Maxie said:
increased technology over the existing 997 PSE.
What increased technology? Sounds to me like a similar system to the current PSE.

I think the tails look good. Doesn't sound like new tech to me, I think that is just sales talk. They make it sound like you are able to 'tune' the sound to your liking but I think it actually means you can turn it on or off depending on your taste - much like the existing one.

Thanks for clarifying Jamie if indeed that's what it is. I thought that one is able to 'tune' (as you say) the exhaust note according to the description: "This special exhaust gives the customer the opportunity to adjust the 911's unique sound to their personal preference." Sounded as though it was much more than just 'on' and 'off' switch.

I don't know that for a fact Maxie, just how I read it after looking at it a few times.

OK so this news makes me happy!!!! :puh:

Group buy in April anybody?!

L

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back