Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997C2S - Considering replacing suspension with PSS

ellistai

Hi, there, it's my first time to post thing in here...thanks in advance!

Info of my car:
MY05
Carrera S, 6-speed manual, without PASM, instead the -20mm Sport Suspension with mechanical LSD installed.

Country I am located: Hong Kong

Just acquired my car and found that the -20mm Sport Suspension is a bit too stiff for the road condition here in HK. So I am considering of possible ways to restore some bits of ride comfort.

Options:
1. Go for factory standard suspension (to give up the -20mm good looking but in return better ride quality)
2. Go for Bilstein PSS system

My quesions would be:
1. What would you recommend over here, factory or PSS?
2. If PSS, anything that I need to pay attention to? Say whether I have to dis-arm the mechanical LSD or I can keep it as-is?
3. If PSS, whether it should be PSS9 or PSS10? I checked the official website of Bilstein but noticed that 997C2S should only go for PSS9 but not PSS10. I am a bit confused here.

Your advices are greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

PSS10 is only available on certain cars

as you don't have PASM then factory suspension aint bad but with a set of Billly's you can also have them set to soft and tailor you ride

Thanks Sundeep!

One question I have in mind is that whether the softest setting in PSS system would be anything close to the factory standard suspension. As the road condition here in HK is not very satisfactory, I would prefer better ride quality over sporty-but-too-stiff setting.

Anyone has hands-on experience on PSS suspension?

Thanks!

Just out of curiosity why have you decided on PSS instead of KW V3? From my research and experience they are a superior kit to Bilstein, just my 2¢ though...

sorry for being layman, cuz on this side of the planet, we thought Bilstein PSS is a bigger name. And I would believe that the outcome of a suspension will differ depending on the road condition of the country/region when the car will be running. Over here in HK, our road quality is not very satisfactory.

Hi, Stuart, because of you I went to KW website to check things out....

I used the Product Finder and it directed me to KW Clubsport, instead of KW V3 package. Any idea why?

If KW, in your opinion, what's the best package for regular road use? FYI, I seldom do tracking and am finding my -20mm Sport Suspension a bit too bumpy!

Thanks!

I'm no suspension expert by the way.

As far as I'm aware though the ride can be adjusted by the user. My KWs are quite firm but that's the way I wanted them. They are 3 way adjustable with bump, rebound and height. The biggest plus other than being 3 way adjustable is they are a stainless steel construction meaning no corrosion. Here's the official marketing stuff...
Variant 3 race technology for the road with adjustable compression and rebound damping. The new Variant 3 is state-of-the-art technology for the skilled and experienced driver. The separate and independent compression and rebound damping options allow a truly individual driving set-up. These unique systems with the 3 individually adjustable components, allows for adjustment of the compression of the damper in the low-speed range, while the highspeed set-up, so decisive for driving comfort, has been preset by our engineers.
- Independently adjustable damping technology -rebound and compression damping
- inox-line stainless steel technology at no extra charge
- Individual height adjustment
- German TUV-tested adjustment parameters
- High-quality components for long life
- Comprehensive documentation for ease of use
- Infinitely adjustable rebound damping
- 14- level adjustable compression damping
- Unique, independently functioning damping power adjustment

There is alot of debate over which is better PSS10 or KWV3, the clubsport is more for track use I believe. Who is fitting and doing the alignment for you? Can you ask them what there experiences of either kit are? Because they were roughly the same price I went with the more proven KW set up. What is your purpose of changing suspension, looks or performance or ride? Maybe either route is overkill if it's just a smoother ride you want.

This is all just my opinion you understand though :thumb:

Thanks again for your opinion! :worship:

ellistai said:
Thanks again for your opinion! :worship:

I see you're on 6speed too. I was going to post some links from the guys using KWV3s but see you're on the case. You'll get loads of suspension answers through there :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back