Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hardtop fitting

siy

Monza
I have just taken delivery of a new hardtop for my C4S Cab. As I don't have my manual to hand, can anyone tell me what the process is to fit it? I haven't seen it yet, and want to fit it tonight when I get home.
Thanks
simon

you first of all need to check your motor has the hardtop fixings installed already otherwise you will have to get them fitted which i think if memory serves me are around £150 just for the fittings.. plus fitting..

when you decide to fit it you will need to locate it in the front 2 lugs at the top of the screen then lower the rear into the fixings then secure the roof..

Thanks for that - better double check it has the fixings!!! Just assumed they could all be fitted with a hardtop. What am I looking for with regards fixings?

Simon

where your rollover bar covers are at the back of the rear seats you will see where the hardtop locates to either side of the rollover covers...

you need to remove the circular covers if fitted and look in them to see if there are any threaded holes for the hardtop to locate into.

if they are not fitted you will be just confronted with metal on removal of the covers

Thanks again... I opened the covers, but was not quite sure what to make of what is there! There is not a threaded hole, that the fixings from the hard top can screw into, but there is what looks like a piece of plastic running across the middle of the space, with a 3 sided square (nota triangle before anyone asks!!!) - basically a square with one side missing.

I am totally confused...but am fairly sure this is not the fixing that I need.

sounds like you've opened the roll over bar covers , to the side of the roll'over bars you will see a circular plastic cover where the hardtop is supposed to mount that is where you will see the threaded holes...

https://techinfo.porsche.com/techinfo/pdf/en/catalogues/E_997_KATALOG.pdf

go to this web page and look at page 320 item 18 is what you need one for each side....

you will find part numbers on page 321

hope this helps

Thanks very much indeeed for your help. I am definitely in the right bit - the circular holes rather than the rollover bars... its just what I have in there seems different. I have booked it intoi OPC Guildford this week, to get it checked / fitted if it is not correct... I am just confused, so will pass it over!

Thanks again - very kind of you to assist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back