Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4s v 2cs

neil20

Hi
just a quick question i think i have found a nice C4s with nice spec etc i just have a couple of queries.

Is the C4s worth the 2k additional to the standard C2s.
It does not have bose but does have the speaker upgrade pack am i going to notice the difference.

On the plus side it does have PSE!!

thanks in advance neil

There's a few threads on this very same subject. Ultimately it depends on the individuals circumstances to be honest.

The 4S certainly doesn't feel as quick as the 2S, but it's deceiving to a degree. You should test drive them both, you will then know immediately which you prefer then you just have to decide if 4WD is important to you or not. :)

edit

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=38972&highlight=c4s

Like ResB said, the C2S and C4S drive differently as there is extra weight on the front axle in the 4WD model. You will find some people saying that the C2S is the purer Porsche etc but it is your taste that matters. I wasn't bothered and would have bought either in the end a 12 month old C2S caught my eye and a few days later it was a done deal.

Find the youtube vid where the stig on TopG test drove both. It's a decent review.

Is it worth an extra £2k given everything equal then yes if you want the extra cornering assurity.

Pete

With the old c4s.. there was more of a reason to buy it... it had the looks of the turbo,,, was very distinctive from a standard carrera 2 or 4 and also felt much better due to its turbo suspension and brakes. Now in the 997, this is not the case and I for one feel Porsche made a booboo here !! why they didnt carry on with the same theme as the old c4s and base the new c4s with the 997 kit and susp etc...?? Only then would I say it is worth it... otherwise 997 widebody cars just dont look specal enough. I did have a c4s 996 and now have a C2 997.. the four wheel drive is for sure excellent ( i know this since I nearly went into a hedge sidways when I left the dealer last week after picking up my 997 ) ... you just need to respect the C2s more and adjust your driving style......at the end of the day I would go for a very high spec C2s.. IMHO... 8) let us know what you decide....

Thanks to be honest i am ering towards the C2s as well, i will let you know how i get on.

many thanks
neil

I don't think it's worth the premium - it's not a better car unless you really want 4wd. IMO the only reason its commands a small premium is there are less of them on the market than the much more popular C2S which the majority of 997's are.

As others had said the C4S was The 996 to go for (they didn't do a 996 C2S) and aesthetically it was a much better looking car than the C2 however on the 997 they are identical save for 44mm accross the rear axle and the addition of '4' on the badge.

hi jamie
thanks for that what if i could get the car for a simliar price.

regards neil

If you could get the car for the same money then disregard the fact that it's a C4S which is otherwise the better car? You wouldn't be getting a bargain as such for buying it at the same price as many would say the C2S more desireable.

I also looked at both before buying mine.

I ended up going for the best spec'd car i could get for the money.

I also prefered the drive of the C2S, theres something about feeling your on the edge with it when pushing hard that makes it rewarding! :D

The C2S is a far more capable car than I am driver, I have only ever lit up PSM a couple of times - normally pulling out rapidly from a junction with *****/gravel on the deck.

The C2S gives out a twitchy feel when you are giving it some which makes the car feel great and alive but in reality you are quite some way from the limit when it gives you this feedback.

It is a wonderful feeling / drive.

I had a 997 C4S for a couple of days on loan about a year before I bought one and yes it stuck to the road but wasn't as exciting.

As a completley non-purist (!).. I have a 997 C4S cab

Obviously it has no roof, and is heavier being the 4 wheel drive with added weight etc. I drove a C2S... and loved it - Both cars are awesome I would go for the best specced one.

The C4S does flatter the driver (talking about myself)... I have found myself gobsmacked by the handling. Correct, you will not feel as twitchy/on the edge (even though you may notbe near the edge really)... but it does give a lot of confidence. As I said, I think it flatters the driver. I am far from being classed a good driver... I love a spirited drive and pushing it harder and harder....

I think the C2S is probably the fastest car. The one thing I would say is I don't think there would be that much in it... In fact I would probably push harder in the 4.

That said, my feeling has been that it could do with more power. Sadly I can't afford a turbo as have just bought a new house - but that would be the answer!

To sum.... buy the C2S or C4s... but do buy one!

Thanks jamie
Decisions decisions i will let you know what happens.

regards neil

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back