Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo residuals once Turbo PDK arrives

__stef__

Trainee
Anyone got a feeilng for the impact the Turbo PDK will have on Gen1 Turbo residuals?

I have found a 2007/07 Turbo Tip low miles good colour/spec blah blah for ~£65k but a contact at my OPC has said the *un*official rumour mill indicates a summer 2009 release/sale for Turbo PDK. Nothing's for sure but he thinks it's true.

With 997 prices coming steadily off £1-2k per month over the last 6-9 months anyway is this just going to hasten the demise further??

Is it a Tip your after ? I would think they maybe hit a little, why not get a manual and not worry !

Yup. definitely a Tip. Prefer autos and do a lot of town driving anyway...

"little" sounds good 8)

You have to look at it this way, yes it may take a hit, but a buyer wanting a Tip/PDK may only have a budget for a Tip.. It will be when the cars are 8-9 years old when the PDK will be worth more.

Just my £0.02 pence worth !

Hmmmmm, interesting perspective....and quite true now that I think about it.

I am keen to get into a 997Turbo...but can't stretch to £110k+ (almost twice what I am going to buy mine for) for a new one, obviously, so am happy to fish at the shallow end and get myself an early 2007 in the £60s.

In your timeline, though, residuals will be so low that a "big" jump for the PDK is irrelevant. If a 2009 turbo is worth say £50k (hah!) by then I doubt people will pay a £10k premium for PDK...more like a few £k only.

I suppose similar to the price differences for 996 G1 and G2 cars which is a couple of grand?

So suddenly I am feeling a bit better....

Daniel said:
You have to look at it this way, yes it may take a hit, but a buyer wanting a Tip/PDK may only have a budget for a Tip.. It will be when the cars are 8-9 years old when the PDK will be worth more.

Just my £0.02 pence worth !

Daniel I am not sure where you are getting the idea that a 997TT Tiptronic is cheaper than a manual? The Tip is a tad faster and those production figures alone have made Tiptronic sales double those of the manual. I do a bit of track work so a manual to me is a must. For a buyer the manual market at the moment is a struggle if you have a special colour in mind whereas the Tip mkt has a car in every colour available at £70k and below.

Stef you looking at the Meteor grey Tip thats fully loaded by chance?

Ian

You have also got to ask how many new Turbo's are going to be coming into this market at £110K+ given how much less you can pay for a perfectly capable Gen1 Manual or Tip?

Sure any new model is bound to push some depreciation down the line but I don't think its too much to worry about.

yep...at Abbey Cars. Looks lovely; they are considering my offer. Fingers crossed.

interesting!!

what is the gig with adaptive seats?

not heard much about them....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoker
Back