Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

harbour cars

vvvdan1vvv

hi im in the market for my first 997 and would like to know how well rated harbour cars are as an independant?any help would be appreciated.Also if i find a car in which its official porsche warranty has expired should i be worried/what could i do to be assured that im not going to get hit with a huge bill after purchase?i would like to renew the warranty with an official porsche dealer,but i would have to own the car 3 months first.I just dont want anything to go wrong in the meantime.

many thanks

thanks for the advice.i had already read the post that you found on the search though.any other info would be great

cheers

Cool... The cars they have always seem to be very well looked after if that helps...

I had a chat with Kier at Harbour before christmas. Very nice chap, certainly not your average used car dealer.

From the sounds of it - they do things properly and their stock looks great!

But - don't forget to give me a shout if you are looking for finance!

if anybody has any more info it would be appreciated.particularly as to whether buying a car without warranty is a good or bad idea.cheers.

I believe that HC include an AA warranty with their cars, so there's some peace of mind.

I'm sure that if you speak to HC you can come to some sort of arrangement regarding OPC warranty (eg. they will cover the cost of any issues highlighted during the 111 point check).

Because of Internet paranoia, I wouldn't run my car without a warranty, but 997s (and later 996s) are generally a lot better from a reliability point of view, especially the engine and gearbox.

You do have the odd engine issue, but it's certainly lower than other manufacturers, eg. BMW M-series.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back