Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

mods and warranty?

caractere007

Hi Fellas,

great forum you have here :worship: ,

looking into porsche ownership and as per usual i go a bit loopy into research before i do anything!

Ive tried the search facility but wanted to make 100% sure so sorry for asking again..well to be honest i couldnt find an answer..maybe im going blind!! lol

anyway thinking of a 997 c2s around 30-35k after selling the csl, but i want to add the aerokit and change the exhaust and seats..would this little lot invalidate the warranty?

thanks in advance guys,

:thumb:

Hi,

Assuming you will be going for the bumper to bumper warranty then any non stock item will void the Insurance (apparently).

The aerokit as long as it is Porsche will be OK, if you put on another exhaust system then you will defo be voiding the warranty.

Putting in an after market sat nav will void, as told by my OPC.

However this is subject to test as one owner has been told that an after market sat nav will be fine.

Non OEM brakes discs etc will of course void the warranty.

Overall it is down to cash flow, a lot of people now are putting the £1500 aside and getting any work done at indies, which is more competitive. In my 3 years of buying the warranty I have not had the full outlay back in warranty work so I will not be going for it come April. My car is 6 years old now so I would rather bank the money and take a chance.

The OPC are in a very cold place though with sales down and laying off staff so I think they may be up for some negotiating, this warranty issue will only hurt them more.

Alan.

Hi Alan,

cant thank you enough for the clear and detailed response, really appreciate the time it took to write :thumb:

umm, i really want to mod the car slightly, but i really want the flippin warranty, shame there isnt a secondary option where less things are covered.

ummm what do i do... dont really want a new m3 now....ahh decisions decisions..

thanks for the help

:thumb:

I think it'll be hardwork to find one with warranty for around 30-35k. That was my initial budget for a 04-05 plate, ended up spending just under £40k on a 56plate with all the options, Aerokit, sports exhuast, hardback seats etc.

Btw i came from a CSL aswell, i havent collected my C2S yet, left a deposit, just waiting to collect, cant wait! :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back