Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Train Wreck No.1

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
Waiting for delivery for your new Porsche 997? You might end up waiting just a little while longer, when two heavily loaded freight trains collided just outside of Dillenberg, Germany (about 30 miles north west of Frankfurt.) While the cause of the accident is not yet known, one of the trains was transporting an unknown number of luxury brand vehicles, including at least 20 Porsche 997s.

Apparently, a major catastrophe was only narrowly avoided. one of the two trains was ferrying tankers of very flammable liquids that thankfully they did not ignite or explode. Although as the picture below attest too, the Porsche's didn't handle the rough ride quite so well.

So Keep your eye on out for a few slightly 'bent" 997's...

Attachments

• porsche_997_train_01_134.jpg
    porsche_997_train_01_134.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 5,665
  • porsche_997_train_02_133.jpg
    porsche_997_train_02_133.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 5,665
  • porsche_997_train_03_838.jpg
    porsche_997_train_03_838.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 5,665
I find Porsches plan for limiting cars in production a tad extreme. Derailing trains for the Insurance. Hey I wonder if the Porsche extended warrenty would cover this? :p

Seriously anyone know if people were hurt?

Pete

At least they wernt dumped in the atlantic like the BMWs

The blue one will be the subject of a Total 911 project. Turning a 997 Coupe into a Cabriolet :lol:

porsche will probably mend them and sell them on as brand new...

Jamie said:
The blue one will be the subject of a Total 911 project. Turning a 997 Coupe into a Cabriolet :lol:

No that Blue one is mine ! :evil: :evil:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

...mmm

wonder if I can get the ECU and PSM sensor I need for my C4S 2006 from that blue one...

...anybody know the phone numbers of the officials at the scene?... because if they behave like mexican cops they must allready have a wharehouse full of parts...

:floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back