Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM3/SAP and Blackberry phones

Greg P

SIM Access Profile (SAP) is enabled as standard on PCM3 with Bluetooth. I am about to change my Blackberry from an 8300 (which does not support SAP) to a later model and was wondering if anyone had experience of BBerry compatibility with SAP. Advice appreciated.

Thanks

IIRC PMC 3 has bluetooth access, so you can access your phone and then copy in your address book if necessary

Sundeep said:
IIRC PMC 3 has bluetooth access, so you can access your phone and then copy in your address book if necessary

Thanks Sundeep but it's not about getting the phone to work with bluetooth that's the problem. It's being able to use SIM Access Profile which effectively switches your phone off and just uses the SIM details from the phone, everything else i.e aerial, phone, etc is then running from the inbuilt vehicle phone unit.

then I dont know, as I gave trying to claw out the sim card from my blackberry, so just stuck to the bluetooth function when I had a car with pcm3

you will need to check in a car ?

http://press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=1562

FIRST CLASS PHONE
The BlackBerry Bold smartphone features a new acoustic design that increases the size of the phone's audio sweet spot, improving listening quality and clarity. It also comes with numerous premium phone features including Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialing (VAD), Bluetooth® 2.0, with support for hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits (including car kits that adhere to the Bluetooth Remote SIM Access Profile) and other Bluetooth peripherals. It is a quad-band EDGE and tri-band HSDPA handset that supports global roaming**** and features dedicated 'send', 'end', and 'mute' keys, smart dialing, speed dialing, conference calling and call forwarding. It also features noise cancellation technology that offsets background noise, a powerful speaker phone and support for polyphonic, mp3 and MIDI ring tones.

I have the same issue with my Blackberry Pearl in my Gen 2 car.

I have done a quick google on the Storm with SAP and it appears to support it !!!

cdixon said:

I have done a quick google on the Storm with SAP and it appears to support it !!!

I was looking at a 9000 BB Bold that says it supports SAP. However, yesterday I spoke to my dealer and they said it could be made to work but it will not download the address book to the car - you will only be able to receive/manual dial from the car.

The service department said that they expect the issue to be resolved in a year or 2 !!!!!! I'm going to get mine set to Bluetooth Handsfree profile, where the phone does all the work and the car just acts as an expensive headset - I was told the address book will be available from the car in this mode. I will probably go and get it flicked over into this mode of operation next week.

Greg P said:
cdixon said:

I was looking at a 9000 BB Bold that says it supports SAP. However, yesterday I spoke to my dealer and they said it could be made to work but it will not download the address book to the car - you will only be able to receive/manual dial from the car.

The service department said that they expect the issue to be resolved in a year or 2 !!!!!! I'm going to get mine set to Bluetooth Handsfree profile, where the phone does all the work and the car just acts as an expensive headset - I was told the address book will be available from the car in this mode. I will probably go and get it flicked over into this mode of operation next week.

Yep you will get full address book from your Blackberry with the car set to HFP. It works a treat in my Gen2 car. The only notable differences are lack of SMS texting and not using the mobile in the PCM unit..

PCM switched to Bluetooth Hands Free Profile earlier today and it works a treat now (why wasn't it shipped this way by default - apparently only Nokia phones work properly with SAP).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back