Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

starting problem 997

allybally007

Has anyone come across this problem? I have a 56 plate 997 4s. In the last few months the car will intermittently refuse to start when the key is turned. The depress clutch pedal message shows up, despite the clucth being down. Eventually the car starts. I assume the sensor on the clutch pedal is playing up? I had a look without dismantling anything and found what appears to be a sensor switch which activates in the first few cm of travel but there must be another sensor which goes at the end of clutch travel. Has anyone had this problem? Is there an easy fix or a way of bypassing the sensor?
Thanks.
(p.s. what I really need is a Haynes manual!!)

Hello

You need to get it on the porsche tester to see the clutch pedal value and it will show whats happening..failing that just replace the switch probably around £10 -£15...

Mike

eventually found the switch sitting just beyond the cruise control switch. Have bypassed it and the problem has disappeared. Now just need to replace. Found a picture of the layout on renntech forum - seems to be more common on boxters

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?act=Print&client=printer&f=74&t=13249
There is a picture on the website above. Two switches are present at the top end of the clutch lever. The farthest away is the interlock switch. The other tells the cruise control to disengage. I have bypassed the interlock switch as its position will presumably make it a ***** to change. In any case I would rather be without it. Have had no problems since the bypass.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back