Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Cab smacked in Canary Wharf

Proenca

There I was , going home from work when I just saw a Silver 997 spinning out of control and hitting hard the wall in Canary Wharf.

All the best for the owner, which looked a pretty shaken up and perhaps with a broken leg.

Damn Canary Wharf roads, they are getting full of gravel ( got a twitch the other day with mine , luckly the turbo's 4x4 saved the day )

Never like to see anyone get hurt so hopefully the individual is fine.

However would be interesting to know if the person concerned was driving sensibly, to the speed limit, in what is a pedestrian dominated road. No way a Porsche should be spinning if the car was travelling at say 25 mph...seen far too many traders with no driving skills, booting it in Canary Wharf as they mistakenly think it looks cool.

Sensibly ? not really, if you see the wall, either 997's come in armourclad titanium or he was ( and it really seemed ) going quite a lot more than 25mph.

In his defence, couple of things : the road is tight, so not really room for mistakes or correction of mistakes, was 23ish or so, so almost no one in the street. and the road barely has anyone ( was one of the big underground roundabout exits ) . and the last is that by no apparent reason, there is some gravel appearing there.

but it did seem a young looking fellow driving a immaculate new 997. trader ? :)

If it's the roundabout I think it is, then there is a construction site entrance/exist where they are excavating which would explain all the gravel etc .... and it's most probably the same roundabout that the city boys like to race around late at night practising their drifting ..... the noise down would make Jeremy Clarkson go weak at the knees

It's also a reminder that the road you raced around on yesterday might not be in the same condition today

Sounds like a trader looking for a payout on his Return to Invoice policy :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back