Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2S MKII Options..

Dr.Velasco

Hi to all, this is my second post, new to Porsche, turning my back on BMW Ms and sooped up STIs.

I'm looking forward on buying a 997 C2S MKII (Speed Yellow) with a manual tranny. Looking at the options that Porsche offers in their website, does the "Sport Chrono Package Plus" makes the car faster??

"sport button in the center console and display in the PCM" what does this sport button improves the car's cornering abilities? (like on a M3 E46)

What other options are a must

Sat Navigation and audio extras are not for me.

Allready selected Sport Design 19", seat belts in speed yellow and dials in white.

Thanks

Hello,

Not putting sat nav on will be a mistake on re-sale, especially on the Gen2 - the nav being one of the only major interior improvements over the gen1. Also, do yourself a huge favour by spec'ing bluetooth phone and IPOD as again, these are some of the main selling points of a Gen2 and will make your car very desireable in the future.

I believe that heated sports seats are important and rear parking sensors to protect your ass(et)

Sports Chrono is a good option as it is low cost. Most people think it is a gimmick lap timer on the dashboard but its more than that. You get the Sport button which when pressed puts PASM into Sport Mode (which you can manually switch on/off anyway) but also remaps the ECU (whatever that is) to quicken up throttle responses and also brings PSM in later giving you more control of the car in a sporty environment. Now, this doesn't sound like much but believe me when you press the sport button the car instantly transforms into an animal.

The only 'frilly' item I have on my car is a painted centre console (just the bit that runs between driver / passenger i.e. where the handbrake is) matched to exterior body colour - much nicer than the standard black.

Do they do a sports exhaust yet for Gen2?

Let me know if you need any help with financing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back