Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4 and C4S

PeterPiper

Hi Guys

Currently running 987S and looking to get the 911 bug out of the system. Can someone please tell me the differences between C4 and C4S, and pros and cons for each model. I have no doubt that this has been covered before, if so, can you point me to the thread(s).

Looking at 06/07

Many thanks

Peter

for such a new car worth checking on the official Porsche site for the differences

but 3.6 C4 to 3.8 C4S, there is a lot

I can't really comment on the C4S but I recently had an 08 C4 (Gen 1) as a courtesy car and tbh it felt quite bland in comparison to my C2S

I love the wider stance of the 4WD models and personally would go for the S every time.

Clive

From the book:

3.6l l / 3.8l
5.1 / 4.8 (0-62)
174mph / 179 mph
325 bhp / 355 bhp

The 'S' will have PASM / Xenon's and Larger cross drilled brakes with red callipers (non-S callipers are black). 'S' will also have white dials, aluminium door entry displaying Carrera 4S logo.

Hope this helps.

I'm not aware that there are too many 997 C4 in the UK, mainly built for colder countries.

997 C4S or C2S most desireable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back