Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear wiper help from single car owners

Oh my Gosh...the penny's just dropped........

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :x

~ Maxie :coat:

Just goes to prove that quotes taken out of context can be read a totally different way.

Sorry Maxie but I couldn't resist :D

Clive

IMO its very useful as the screen is quite flat so heavy dew and rain tends to lie. Quite fussy when it comes to aesthetics but never ever considered it detracts on my 993, actually quite like it as it says sporty and functional.

Re: Rain X is very good, but with a decent glass cleaner you will find its not required as the glass doesn't get worn, scratched or attacked by high speed stones etc like the front screen does and therefore dirt/water has nothing to cling to.

Dont feel bad about discussing something so mundane, I do believe a photo once stimulated discussion on the correct park position of the rear wiper a while back.... :oops:

Shameless post of a couple of fat arses with rear wipers, for your pleasure

IMG_5255_1.jpg

Not quite the same, but I had a TT without rear wiper - really used to annoy me on a wet day - spray wasn't a problem but rain sitting when parked or in slow moving traffic was.

The Targa's rear wiper is a great thing to have & I wouldn't want one without for a daily driver.

One thing that still narks me is Porsche's inability to engineer in a washer mechanism to accompany the rear wiper - not sure if they figured this out on the 997? Odd given that every cheap hatchback seems to be able to manage it!

Peter

I don't think it's their inability really. Porsche must think it ruins the lines also. ;)

Hi,

Personally I would want a rear wiper.

I'm fairly sure that the UK specification (C16) 996 came with the rear wiper as standard.

The 997, I'm equally as sure, didn't and was an option.

I think it depends on personal circumstances, personally.

My car is normally parked in the garage, but occasionally it is left on the drive.

The drive is a bit awkward to get out of (on a hill, reversing up to a narrow private road)....so I need rear visibility to get out!

If the car has been left outside, I usually find I have to clear the rear window in the morning. I could of course walk around the back of the car, but when you're running late for a meeting, it's easier to get in the car and push the rear wipe button!

Apart from this, unless I'm in stationary traffic, I rarely use the rear wiper.

I personally think the 911 looks a bit funny without a wiper and cheapens it a bit, but that's just my opinion. ie. looks like you've struggled to pay out the 60k in the first place and had to skimp on the £200 rear wiper!! :)

Cheers,
GD

rear wipers? next you lot are going to be wanting to have cars fitted with hair dryers and to come with a complimentary box of wet wipes
:lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back