Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche warrenty almost offered for free!

Pete Hadfield

Dear all,

I picked up my 12 month old C2S a few weeks ago. You should see my smile as I payed only payed 55K for a Oct 07 mint car with 8,000 miles with all the usual extras. Porsche Bolton priced it too low and got told off by PGB but not before I expressed an interest online. I paid my deposit by phone following morning without seeing the car and by then the car had a 62K price tag on it! A few days later it was all mine.

This story wasn't why I'm writing. Whilst I was completing the paperwork (on the cars first birthday) I was surprised by the dealer telling me that if I had completed the deal only 1 day later that it would have entitled me to a 3rd years porsche approved warranty! He wouldn't budge when I winked saying I could come back tomorrow.....lol.

Has anyone else had experience of this when purchasing a car between 1 and 2 years old, Porsche throwing in the first post manufacturers warranty FOC?

Pete

It's the rules of the Approved Used Car programme... They have to sell it with at least 12 months warranty, so if it is one day and one year after the first registration date then they have to put a 12 month used car warranty on it as well as the remaining 11 months and 30 days of the manufacturer's 2 year warranty!

Sounds like you got a stonking deal though! :D

I think Porsche GB are on very dodgy ground trying to fix prices though... :wink: That's not the way to support residual values: The correct way is to not build so bloody many!

(But then they wouldn't make as much profit would they :wink: )

Thanks for the clarification Wattie. If I would have known this at the time I would have tried to delay but as you will have guessed there was a lot of interest in the car so may have lost it.

Regards the price manipulation it is naughty but as you would expect PGB are trying their best to keep residuals high. They may not succeed in this climate. I think it is important for anyone trading into Porsche dealerships to make sure they don't accept the first price offered as the dealer will be playing on market conditions in order to get a better profit. I've seen the prices drop and it isn't a good time to sell your car but if you are buying with cash as I did then cars I never thought were possible became available. I'm planning on keeping it for 5-7 more years so getting a 12 month car rather than a 2-3 year car has just been a bonus.

Pete

Mine was three years old and I was told that it came with a free 12 month warranty. But, when I got the invoice they had reduced the price of the car by £895 and showed the warranty as a separate purchase.

Not sure whether it was the OPC being cheeky, or providing proof that I had the warranty :?:

But you should know Pete, there's no such thing as a free lunch - or warranty :)

You did get a stonking deal and as you will know by now, the 997 C2S is brilliant. What's the full spec?

Clive

Clive,

I know there is no free meal in life. It's dog eat dog for sure.

Full spec:

19inch sport design wheels, Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor, Bose, CDC-4 six disc CD autochanger, Cruise, Door entry guards in stainless steel, Electric slide/tilt sunroof, Extended navigation module, Floor mats. Porsche crest embossed on head restraints, Sports exhaust system, Sports seats, Telephone module, Wheel centre set, Windscreen with grey top tint.

No Sports Chrono which would have been nice but not something I would have used often as I don't intend to track.

Pete

Confused...

I'm sure it's a great steal but I'm seeing OPC cars less mileage under a year old for under £50K. Am I missing something?

Re: Confused...

dazzpowder said:
I'm sure it's a great steal but I'm seeing OPC cars less mileage under a year old for under £50K. Am I missing something?

Probably the 'S'?

Actually, you're quite right. May 07 (not 57 though), 50k 4.5k miles.

Blimey.

Evil_C said:
Mine was three years old and I was told that it came with a free 12 month warranty. But, when I got the invoice they had reduced the price of the car by £895 and showed the warranty as a separate purchase.

Not sure whether it was the OPC being cheeky, or providing proof that I had the warranty :?:

That's quite legitimate Clive: They have to pay VAT on the difference between the invoice price to you and what they paid for it. So if they include the warranty for free they (and then you :wink: ) would be paying VAT on the warranty premium as well (which has already attracted Insurance premium tax anyway).

Edited to add: They should have explained that to you though... :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back