Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

driving me mad

j8fbr

Barcelona
All I have been getting recently from friends, Garage owners etc etc is :

"I bet you have lost a lot of money on the value of your car !"

ok, I bought it in April this year from an OPC and yes I might have lost money on it, but I love the car etc etc and can afford it !

anyway,

I know its credit crunch, doom and Gloom time at the moment but what do I get in the post this morning :eek: :floor:

latest copy of Total 911 with :

Affordable 997, you can buy for just £30,000 !

I had to laugh :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

When was the last time someone said to you:

well done, i Like your car, congratulations and meant it !

apart from fellow Porsche owners that I have met, most comments have been negative.

sorry for rant, but I had to get that off my chest !

Does anyone else have any Jealous comments/stories regarding Porsche ownership :?:

Does anyone have neighbours that don't like Noisy cars :?: :?:

Sorry to hear that Jose and your rant is actually quite welcome when you have such a story to tell. I have received wa@nk3r gestures from pre-pubescent a$$holes in their Vauxhall C0r5a on one occasion (sorry for those 3 swear words) :envy: On another, when I had the glass roof down, a bus driver looked down from above and said 'my bus is worth more than your car, mate'. I actually laughed at that because it could well be true! I guess it's all down to jealousy on some people's parts. Only my close friends, some family and ALL 911uk'ers (!) have congratulated me on my purchase. :)

~ Maxie

Maxie Islam said:
On another, when I had the glass roof down, a bus driver looked down from above and said 'my bus is worth more than your car, mate'.
~ Maxie

I'd of said, your right mate, this is my car but that's not your bus! :)

Better to have owned and driven than never owned and driven at all. ;) It's just their way of justifying why they don't own one themselves.

I agree with Maxie, it's just being :envy:

Maxie Islam said:
On another, when I had the glass roof down, a bus driver looked down from above and said 'my bus is worth more than your car, mate'. I actually laughed at that because it could well be true!

You never think of it at the time, but "yeah, but I own the car" might have been a suitable response... :hand:

Mine's a daily driver (and much of my work involves visiting the premises of other motor manufacturers and dealers) and the funny thing is, they usually start off joking with a "must be paying you too much" comment, but then they gradually reveal that they would love a 911 themselves and start asking questions about cost of ownership :)

Have had a few stupid comments and hand-signals, and once a guy tried to get at me 'cos I accelerated in front of him on a roundabout (he didn't have to brake or anything - just p*55ed off that he'd been out-dragged), but my car is boring silver, and usually so dirty that it doesn't attract that much attention in traffic.

So my solution is.. don't wash it! :floor:

If i can hold onto mine during these difficult times, then that's all I need for now. :)

great comments guys.

Maxie, when I started reading your reply I was waiting for you to say that the bus driver threw something through your roof. :hand: :hand:

Oddly enough although Porsche owners aren't liked, the car tends to get respect. Had mine for 9 months now and I've had no one try to overtake, outdrag or even keep up on the twisty bits. They tend to move out the way from the outside lane when I come up behind as well. I used to have an XKR and I was constantly being 'taken on", and no end of trouble getting people to move in from the outside lane.
Just my limited experience

To any comments about loss of value of your 997, I'd say...

"I bet I've lost no more in value than your pension or house has, and I know whose had more fun..."

j8fbr said:
Maxie, when I started reading your reply I was waiting for you to say that the bus driver threw something through your roof. :hand: :hand:

Haha - not happened.....yet :lol:

~ Maxie

Luckily I picked up my 997 turbo second hand 57 plate with 4k miles just last month so picked up a good deal from the OPC.

However I must say that when driving around, I often get plenty of idiots in there kitted out Fiesta XR2s trying to race me. To be honest I just laugh, knowing that there is absolutely nothing to prove.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back