Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The real Porsche credit crunch...

Porsche News

The real credit crunch: The moment a banker crashed his Porsche 997.

This is the moment a wealthy banker experienced a real credit crunch and crashed his Porsche into a stone bollard.

A senior banker and investor, spun his Porsche Carrera 2 on a corner and mounted a curb - narrowly missing a 'For Sale' sign. But the top-of-the range motor landed on top of a stone bollard - causing thousands of pounds worth of damage to the chassis.

The non-executive chairman of Close International Private Banking which is worth $1billion, was then forced to explain his actions to a passing policeman. An eyewitness said: 'He was a very dapper chap - he was wearing an expensive suit and is clearly very wealthy.

'The car but it ended up perched on top of a bollard. He just lost it on a corner. What with all the turmoil in the markets it probably topped a very bad week.'

The car crashed on a tight bend in the island's St Peter's Port.

Close Brothers is Britain's largest independent merchant bank and provides offshore investments, private banking, investments trusts and pensions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk

Attachments

• credit_crunch_241.jpg
    credit_crunch_241.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 4,592
I know Close Bros very well. Shame I don't know that chap or I'd give him a call. :)

It's a C4S.

:lol:

How did he do that? I'm sure he'd have to exceed the island's 35mph speed limit to launch the car like that!

Maxie Islam said:
It's a C4S.

Proves there is absolutely no point to the C4 model.... even with a 4wd he still couldn't keep it on the road....

sorry, I'll just never understand 4wd Porsches that don't have turbos.....

Jeff said:
Maxie Islam said:
It's a C4S.

Proves there is absolutely no point to the C4 model.... even with a 4wd he still couldn't keep it on the road....

996 4S in Lapis Blue are divine :)

what a banker :D :D

Jeff said:
Maxie Islam said:
It's a C4S.

OK...

I'll race your GT3 with my non-turbo 4wd next time there's snow on the roads then... :wink: :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back