Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2S Here Tomorrow!!!!

hiya fingers!

Whatever you read on the porsche website about the new pdk carreras BELIEVE it!!!!! It really does do exactly what it says on the tin and some! Forget the negative responses of the magazine reviewers who drive it for an hour or so on the topic of the pdk wheel switches. Its getting easier everyday and now starting to become second nature. As for the sound, on start up it sounds REALLY healthy and spritely unlike my old 997 c4s sounding a bit chuggy on turn over(i always thought the battery was on its way out) If you keep it in full auto mode and drive sensibly you will hardly notice the engine(you certainly wont notice the gear changes other than a drop in tone) there is absolutely no jolt of any kind. BUT place your right foot firmly into the carpet and BOOM off you go with a sound that makes your ears sing and a gasp for breath when you realise just how fast your going (70mph obviously :p ) My advice on the test drive is keep it in auto for most of the demo !! with respect, it's a lot quicker at thinking than you will be when it comes to changing up/down and prepare to be left with an empty wallet!!!! Enjoy :thumb:

mottle said:
hiya fingers!

Whatever you read on the porsche website about the new pdk carreras BELIEVE it!!!!! It really does do exactly what it says on the tin and some! Forget the negative responses of the magazine reviewers who drive it for an hour or so on the topic of the pdk wheel switches. Its getting easier everyday and now starting to become second nature. As for the sound, on start up it sounds REALLY healthy and spritely unlike my old 997 c4s sounding a bit chuggy on turn over(i always thought the battery was on its way out) If you keep it in full auto mode and drive sensibly you will hardly notice the engine(you certainly wont notice the gear changes other than a drop in tone) there is absolutely no jolt of any kind. BUT place your right foot firmly into the carpet and BOOM off you go with a sound that makes your ears sing and a gasp for breath when you realise just how fast your going (70mph obviously :p ) My advice on the test drive is keep it in auto for most of the demo !! with respect, it's a lot quicker at thinking than you will be when it comes to changing up/down and prepare to be left with an empty wallet!!!! Enjoy :thumb:

Hi Mottle

Thanks for the reply. I have to decide within the next 24 hours on what car I want.

C2S Basalt Black with Sandbeige RHD PDK, Seat Heaters and a few other options

OR Spec a RHD PDK C2 Cabriolet or RHD PDK C2 Coupe.

In Japan most of the Porsches are LHD including my current one. I do prefer LHD and but can drive either left or right hand cars fine. I just want a RHD car because IF I ever move back to Sydney or London I want to take it with me so the choices are liimited.

The dealer has offered me a GBP 3500 discount (I have bought too many cars off him) and GBP 37,000 for my 2005 C2 with 25K miles on it....

Decisions decisions...

hi
just for the record i got £3000 off list price on my new gen 2 !! So everyone, make sure you beat them up on price!! However i did take a pounding on my p/x :shock:

Hi Mottle et all

Test drove the PDK 3.6. Lovely engine, very quiet at idle and pottering around town but a great howl when you go for it - more like the 996 in a way than the 997.....

The PDK itself was great. Very easy to use but I did get the buttons mixed up more than once....Even after about 30 or 40 minutes I mixed up the buttons...I am sure I will get used to them after a day or two.

I took your advice and drove in D and was very impressed. With Sports the car is a different animal, Sport Plus and it is incredibly aggressive! Perfect for me!

I am not sure if I want to upgrade now....Great car, but I do really like my current car. I buy each car and expect to keep it for life so i take care of them very much but end up selling them within 2 years - the current 997 is now 41 months old and I still love it!!!

The only thing I have to tell you is that I had the R8 for a full day yesterday and I was gobsmacked. It was INCREDIBLE, after having done plenty of miles in AM's - mostly AMV8's, Gallardo, F360 and F430 and of course nearly every variation of Porsche I was very impressed with the R8! More so than I have been with ANY other car so far. That includes the Lambo! So impressed I almost ended up signing the dotted line! My wife talked me out if and told me to try the 3.8 997 C2S and the 2009 AMV8 before deciding....

Excellent choice.... :D

Looks Amazing... Glad it drives the same way too!!

8) :thumb:

looks & sounds like a great car !

mottle said:
hi
just for the record i got £3000 off list price on my new gen 2 !! So everyone, make sure you beat them up on price!! However i did take a pounding on my p/x :shock:

Hi Mottle,

Do you mind if I ask you where you got your car from? I am in the UK right now and am considering making a cash purchase for a car in stock and shipping it back to Japan - I can fly it over for about GBP 1500.00

PM me if you prefer.

hiya fingers

No problem, i got it from o.p.c Leicester. Speak to David, nice bloke.

Thanks mate, will do. With the currencies the way they are, I get a considerable saving buying a new car now....

I did test drive a Audi R8 yesterday and was very impressed.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back