Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 24
997 : 2004- 65
996 : 1997-2005 32
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 31
Cayman : 2005- 21
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 6
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

mottle
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: C2S Here Tomorrow!!!! Reply with quote

As my daughters say" only one more sleep" and i collect my new c2s
I'll post some pics asap Smile

Porsche
Donnington
Donnington

2003 Porsche 996 GT3 Mk2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good work Thumb

964 Project Car
996 MK2 GT3 CS Manthey
993 Targa

mottle
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here she is!!!!!!!!!!!

The spec i chose is as follows:-
Meteor grey metallic
19" carrera classic wheels
pdk(my god its good!!!)
sports seats
rear seat back coloured to match
coloured centre consol
auto dimming rear view/mirrors
heated seats
heated stearing wheel
tyre pressure monitor
multi function wheel
bose audio
telephone module
navigation
audio interface

The day has been amazing!! clocked up around 100 miles, the pdk box is FANTASTIC i'll post more details in a week or so when ive had time to play. Thumb

DSC06774.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  146.17 KB
 Viewed:  7250 Time(s)

DSC06774.JPG

DSC06792.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.63 KB

DSC06792.JPG

DSC06770.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  149.63 KB

DSC06770.JPG

DSC06763v1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  123.65 KB

DSC06763v1.jpg

rennsport
Silverstone

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your new C2S. Meteor grey looks very handsome, and I love those classic wheels. I can't wait for my C2S to arrive next year!

Cool

markf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very smart. How does she compare to drive to your old one?

mottle
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi markf,

My last one was a 2005 997 4s. To be honest i cant believe how much grip the 2s has. I thought id made a big mistake going for a 2s!!! So far its very very hard to tell the difference, im sure when the icy roads come the 4s would be hard to beat, other than that the whole experience is better. I know youve heard it all before but the PDK box is amazing!!!!! Ive been out over the weekend and had a good play. The gear changes are so smooth you honestly dont notice them. Ive been mostly "learning" the car in auto mode how and when the gear changes happen is truly stunning. It seems to know exactly your next move. I'll post more when i have a full day of the infamous steering wheel controls under my belt. My brief play with them though are very impressive.

markf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I’ve got the 4S, and wondered what the difference with a 2 would be. Does she feel much quicker?

mottle
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, The initial pick up seems to be a vast improvement, however that might be down to the pdk changing quicker than my brain could manage in the manual 4s. Razz Ive just done a trip back from leicester in the rain and to be honest i pushed it a little around the roundabouts etc and even with the greasy road surface she still stuck firmly to the road. I really loved my 4s but shes gone and i have a new mistress!!!! She's faster,better equipped and dosen't have a fat ar$e Thumb you could say im hooked!!!!!!!

markf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I’m even more jealous. I was hoping you would say, not much different, wondered what all the fuss was about! Means a trip to Humberstone at the weekend I think to see what’s available. She who must be obeyed will have to put thoughts of her new “Disco” on hold. Big question is, new C2S or 2nd hand Turbo.
By the way on the photo’s of the interior the centre console and the back of the seats looks metal. What is that, looks rather good.

Maxie
Yas Marina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Mottle....I think you're the first on here to have a Gen 2 car delivered. Your talk is only whetting my appetite for one of these newer 911s! What I do find amazing is your comment saying there is very little difference between the 2 wheel and a 4 wheel drive car. After spinning my 2wd 996 (non-PSM model) on damp roundabout, I am tempted to go 4wd next time around. That and the nicer (imo) looks of the wider hips. Looking forward to hearing more of your PDK experiences and general drives.

~ Maxie Thumb

mottle
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi markf,

The sports seats have an option of colour coding the backs to the exterior of the car, the back of seat is a hard shell(looks lovely) and also the centre console in the same exterior colour. Ive took a picture to show you a better view of the rear, sorry about the quality though. To be continued........

DSC06768.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.58 KB
 Viewed:  6630 Time(s)

DSC06768.JPG

markf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pic. I think the colour coding on the seats and centre console looks great (unless of course you had chosen a yellow car!). Has the pdk taken much to getting used to, done much manual changing yet? The switches on the steering wheel seem to stick up quite a bit. When cruising I tend to drive with my hands resting across the T of the wheel (very very bad practice I know), could you still do this?

mottle
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Markf,

Well its been nearly a week now and i can tell you that the pdk box is becoming second nature. I keep it in manual around town etc but it does like to get to 7th very quickly.HOWEVER merely press the pedal a little further and off she goes like the bullet train on speed!!! Feels so much more responsive than my previous 4s 997. What i do like is the fact that in full auto mode you can over ride the box by pushing/pulling the rockers on the wheel and when you finished playing it puts itself back into full auto. The rockers themselves are excellent and unless you have used nothing else but paddle shifters i cant see anyone having a problem with them(after a weeks driving) Im sure Clarkson and co with have a field day slating it as its not a paddle shift along with the new subtle styling!!!(idiots)

As for your driving position that would make for maybe a faster change!! As if you hold the wheel at the 1/4 to 3 position its very easy to change up by using the base of your thumb. To be honest ive said it before and i'll say it again this new gen of 911 is AWESOME!!!! Thumb

Jamie
Reims

2007 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have meteor grey wiht painted centre console which looks great however the seat backs in my gen1 at least are as standard grey colour anyway albeit not shiny finish.

Looks like a great car!!!!!! Enjoy.

Fingers
Imola

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the car! I am test driving one tomorrow! Been too busy to get to the OPC.

How does the ride differ from your C4S? Any comments on the sound of the DFI engine?

mottle
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiya fingers!

Whatever you read on the porsche website about the new pdk carreras BELIEVE it!!!!! It really does do exactly what it says on the tin and some! Forget the negative responses of the magazine reviewers who drive it for an hour or so on the topic of the pdk wheel switches. Its getting easier everyday and now starting to become second nature. As for the sound, on start up it sounds REALLY healthy and spritely unlike my old 997 c4s sounding a bit chuggy on turn over(i always thought the battery was on its way out) If you keep it in full auto mode and drive sensibly you will hardly notice the engine(you certainly wont notice the gear changes other than a drop in tone) there is absolutely no jolt of any kind. BUT place your right foot firmly into the carpet and BOOM off you go with a sound that makes your ears sing and a gasp for breath when you realise just how fast your going (70mph obviously Razz ) My advice on the test drive is keep it in auto for most of the demo !! with respect, it's a lot quicker at thinking than you will be when it comes to changing up/down and prepare to be left with an empty wallet!!!! Enjoy Thumb

Fingers
Imola

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mottle wrote:
hiya fingers!

Whatever you read on the porsche website about the new pdk carreras BELIEVE it!!!!! It really does do exactly what it says on the tin and some! Forget the negative responses of the magazine reviewers who drive it for an hour or so on the topic of the pdk wheel switches. Its getting easier everyday and now starting to become second nature. As for the sound, on start up it sounds REALLY healthy and spritely unlike my old 997 c4s sounding a bit chuggy on turn over(i always thought the battery was on its way out) If you keep it in full auto mode and drive sensibly you will hardly notice the engine(you certainly wont notice the gear changes other than a drop in tone) there is absolutely no jolt of any kind. BUT place your right foot firmly into the carpet and BOOM off you go with a sound that makes your ears sing and a gasp for breath when you realise just how fast your going (70mph obviously Razz ) My advice on the test drive is keep it in auto for most of the demo !! with respect, it's a lot quicker at thinking than you will be when it comes to changing up/down and prepare to be left with an empty wallet!!!! Enjoy Thumb

Hi Mottle

Thanks for the reply. I have to decide within the next 24 hours on what car I want.

C2S Basalt Black with Sandbeige RHD PDK, Seat Heaters and a few other options

OR Spec a RHD PDK C2 Cabriolet or RHD PDK C2 Coupe.

In Japan most of the Porsches are LHD including my current one. I do prefer LHD and but can drive either left or right hand cars fine. I just want a RHD car because IF I ever move back to Sydney or London I want to take it with me so the choices are liimited.

The dealer has offered me a GBP 3500 discount (I have bought too many cars off him) and GBP 37,000 for my 2005 C2 with 25K miles on it....

Decisions decisions...

mottle
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
just for the record i got £3000 off list price on my new gen 2 !! So everyone, make sure you beat them up on price!! However i did take a pounding on my p/x :shock:

Fingers
Imola

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mottle et all

Test drove the PDK 3.6. Lovely engine, very quiet at idle and pottering around town but a great howl when you go for it - more like the 996 in a way than the 997.....

The PDK itself was great. Very easy to use but I did get the buttons mixed up more than once....Even after about 30 or 40 minutes I mixed up the buttons...I am sure I will get used to them after a day or two.

I took your advice and drove in D and was very impressed. With Sports the car is a different animal, Sport Plus and it is incredibly aggressive! Perfect for me!

I am not sure if I want to upgrade now....Great car, but I do really like my current car. I buy each car and expect to keep it for life so i take care of them very much but end up selling them within 2 years - the current 997 is now 41 months old and I still love it!!!

The only thing I have to tell you is that I had the R8 for a full day yesterday and I was gobsmacked. It was INCREDIBLE, after having done plenty of miles in AM's - mostly AMV8's, Gallardo, F360 and F430 and of course nearly every variation of Porsche I was very impressed with the R8! More so than I have been with ANY other car so far. That includes the Lambo! So impressed I almost ended up signing the dotted line! My wife talked me out if and told me to try the 3.8 997 C2S and the 2009 AMV8 before deciding....

c.afsar
Hockenheim

2003 Porsche 996 Carrera 4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent choice.... Very Happy

Looks Amazing... Glad it drives the same way too!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: