Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Limited Edition 997.......?

Maxie

Yas Marina
In the same way we had a few special edition 993 models (namely the S versions) and some special 996 models including the 40th Anniversary and the C4S, what would you like to see in any such 997 model? I'm talking about mainstream models rather than the more upmarket GT3, Turbo models etc...

Is any such model in the pipeline anyway? For me, I'd like to see a C2S with an upgraded X pack (400bhp?), special paint scheme (eg vesuvious), unique colour coded alloys and wing mirrors, sports exhaust, sports chrono, sports seats with coloured backs and centre console. What else would make a run-of-the-mill 997 special?

~ Maxie

Great thread Maxie...

I was pondering this weekend what cool stuff would make for a more interesting experience - here's what I came up with:

1. Real-time weather on the Sat-Nav. You could select a destination and check the weather along the way and see what was expected for the rest of the day when you got there.

2. A key-fob that tells you if the car is locked. Instead of turning around and pressing the button and watching how many times the indicators flash, why not simply have a read-out on the key-fob that says "locked" when the car is locked?

3. How about a lateral-grip sensor. Of course, drivers with much more ability and experience than me will say that the car already provides that through the steering wheel - but imagine how much MORE fun you could have if you are pushing through a tight series of bends and the car tells you that it is only 60% on the limit... :food:

Stormchild

the last limited edition 911 was the 40th anniversary from 2003, where they made 1963 units, which includes the X51 engine upgrade and turbo front bumpers

although I suspect as they have switched the SE's to the Boxster and Cayman ranges, not sure we will see a 45th anniversary 911 this year as model update has already been launched :?:

at the start of the year you would have bet they were odds on for launching a 997 special edition to shift the last few models from stock

2013, will be the 50th anniversary and for sure there will be special editions..

although never say never ?

so a good question as to what they would add.....

X51, Turbo look parts...:?

Stormchild - love your ideas :thumb: But I think they are more likely on a future release of 911 rather than the current line-up! Though, I have to say a lateral grip sensor is a fantastic idea! This way you would be constantly pushing the car to the limit and having heaps of fun at the same time while on wet surfaces, you would know when not to (hard in a 911). Real time weather on the sat-nav is a good idea too - I reckon that could even be a subscription-only service.

~ Maxie

the lateral grip sensor would need a fair few legal caveats before it made it to market, I can just hear the court room rhetoric, "M'lud, i swear the indicator was only at 95% and the vehicle just let go..........."

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back