Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2S Here Tomorrow!!!!

mottle

As my daughters say" only one more sleep" and i collect my new c2s
I'll post some pics asap :)

Here she is!!!!!!!!!!!

The spec i chose is as follows:-
Meteor grey metallic
19" carrera classic wheels
pdk(my god its good!!!)
sports seats
rear seat back coloured to match
coloured centre consol
auto dimming rear view/mirrors
heated seats
heated stearing wheel
tyre pressure monitor
multi function wheel
bose audio
telephone module
navigation
audio interface

The day has been amazing!! clocked up around 100 miles, the pdk box is FANTASTIC i'll post more details in a week or so when ive had time to play. :thumb:

Attachments

• dsc06763v1_110.jpg
    dsc06763v1_110.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 8,165
  • dsc06770_946.jpg
    dsc06770_946.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 8,165
  • dsc06792_722.jpg
    dsc06792_722.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 8,165
  • dsc06774_274.jpg
    dsc06774_274.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 8,165
Congrats on your new C2S. Meteor grey looks very handsome, and I love those classic wheels. I can't wait for my C2S to arrive next year!

8)

hi markf,

My last one was a 2005 997 4s. To be honest i cant believe how much grip the 2s has. I thought id made a big mistake going for a 2s!!! So far its very very hard to tell the difference, im sure when the icy roads come the 4s would be hard to beat, other than that the whole experience is better. I know youve heard it all before but the PDK box is amazing!!!!! Ive been out over the weekend and had a good play. The gear changes are so smooth you honestly dont notice them. Ive been mostly "learning" the car in auto mode how and when the gear changes happen is truly stunning. It seems to know exactly your next move. I'll post more when i have a full day of the infamous steering wheel controls under my belt. My brief play with them though are very impressive.

Interesting. I've got the 4S, and wondered what the difference with a 2 would be. Does she feel much quicker?

hi, The initial pick up seems to be a vast improvement, however that might be down to the pdk changing quicker than my brain could manage in the manual 4s. :p Ive just done a trip back from leicester in the rain and to be honest i pushed it a little around the roundabouts etc and even with the greasy road surface she still stuck firmly to the road. I really loved my 4s but shes gone and i have a new mistress!!!! She's faster,better equipped and dosen't have a fat ar$e :thumb: you could say im hooked!!!!!!!

Now I'm even more jealous. I was hoping you would say, not much different, wondered what all the fuss was about! Means a trip to Humberstone at the weekend I think to see what's available. She who must be obeyed will have to put thoughts of her new 'Disco" on hold. Big question is, new C2S or 2nd hand Turbo.
By the way on the photo's of the interior the centre console and the back of the seats looks metal. What is that, looks rather good.

Congrats Mottle....I think you're the first on here to have a Gen 2 car delivered. Your talk is only whetting my appetite for one of these newer 911s! What I do find amazing is your comment saying there is very little difference between the 2 wheel and a 4 wheel drive car. After spinning my 2wd 996 (non-PSM model) on damp roundabout, I am tempted to go 4wd next time around. That and the nicer (imo) looks of the wider hips. Looking forward to hearing more of your PDK experiences and general drives.

~ Maxie :thumb:

hi markf,

The sports seats have an option of colour coding the backs to the exterior of the car, the back of seat is a hard shell(looks lovely) and also the centre console in the same exterior colour. Ive took a picture to show you a better view of the rear, sorry about the quality though. To be continued........

Attachments

• dsc06768_214.jpg
    dsc06768_214.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 7,545
Thanks for the pic. I think the colour coding on the seats and centre console looks great (unless of course you had chosen a yellow car!). Has the pdk taken much to getting used to, done much manual changing yet? The switches on the steering wheel seem to stick up quite a bit. When cruising I tend to drive with my hands resting across the T of the wheel (very very bad practice I know), could you still do this?

Hi Markf,

Well its been nearly a week now and i can tell you that the pdk box is becoming second nature. I keep it in manual around town etc but it does like to get to 7th very quickly.HOWEVER merely press the pedal a little further and off she goes like the bullet train on speed!!! Feels so much more responsive than my previous 4s 997. What i do like is the fact that in full auto mode you can over ride the box by pushing/pulling the rockers on the wheel and when you finished playing it puts itself back into full auto. The rockers themselves are excellent and unless you have used nothing else but paddle shifters i cant see anyone having a problem with them(after a weeks driving) Im sure Clarkson and co with have a field day slating it as its not a paddle shift along with the new subtle styling!!!(idiots)

As for your driving position that would make for maybe a faster change!! As if you hold the wheel at the 1/4 to 3 position its very easy to change up by using the base of your thumb. To be honest ive said it before and i'll say it again this new gen of 911 is AWESOME!!!! :thumb:

I have meteor grey wiht painted centre console which looks great however the seat backs in my gen1 at least are as standard grey colour anyway albeit not shiny finish.

Looks like a great car!!!!!! Enjoy.

Congrats on the car! I am test driving one tomorrow! Been too busy to get to the OPC.

How does the ride differ from your C4S? Any comments on the sound of the DFI engine?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back