Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 S Exhaust

speedy_un

Spa-Francorchamps
First post - hello all!

I have had PSE fitted by OPC Cardiff, and now have to original exhaust boxed and sitting in my garage.

I was going to put the hole thing of ebay, when I noticed someone selling the finishers alone for £75!

Any suggestions or offers?

Its a May 2005 car that had done 32k miles when it was removed.

Ta.

:welcome:

Don't have any suggestions other than trying eBay, but I've been considering getting a PSE fitted so I'd be interested in what you think of it. Also, where do they put the on/off switch?

Ta.

Having heard the 996 sports exhaust I didn't want my 997 to be too civilised. I had read that the 997 PSE was different (quieter) that the 996 version, but decided to go for it (without hearing a 997 with normal exhaust).

No regrets - apart from the fact that it went quiet between 25-50mph.
This has been rectified using the well known mod! The only downside(?!) is that it's loud all the time.

It's not a vocal as a 996, but it's still great.

Re the switch - I have the chrono package, so it was wired into that and it switches when the sport button is pressed (PASM can be reset to normal after you do this if you want to keep your teeth;-)). That was all done by OPC.

If you don't have chrono, then the OPC package includes installation of switch in the panel that contains the PASM button - i.e. it doesnt look "aftermarket".

Well worth it

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back