Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Raging Mad!

Stormchild

Just received my car back from OPC. It had been in once before to have the windscreen replaced after a stone hit it and a crack developed. However after the windscreen was replaced, I washed it using a jet hose and water was coming in on the passenger side under the glove compartment... so I took it back to the OPC and they agreed to re-do the job.

But... and I'm flabberghasted... I just had a look around the car - there is a nail in the side-wall of the rear driver's side tyre and I found a ciggarette-butt and a used paper towel in the front air-intake on the passenger's side.

I know none of those things were there before I put the car in because I washed the car before I put it in for service. Plus the paper-towel and ciggarette-butt were bone-dry, no sign of any water having affected them and it was raining when I drove the car in!

If I could get hold of someone at the OPC right now I'd tear them a new one!!!

What a sh*t way to treat your customers!!!

Infuriating isn't it. :evil:

I did a post a while ago about changing the windscreen on the 997 I don't know if you saw it...it may offer some guidance, assistance.

Sorry to hear about the Sh!t service.....doesn't surprise me tho' :(

Raging Mad! - Update

Thanks for the concern ResB... it is sad that there is this poor service reputation in what is otherwise an outstanding product.

Dazzpowder... before I name and shame, I will wait to see how the matter is dealt with.

UPDATE...

I wrote an email last night to the service advisor in charge of my car. Took a number of attempts to tone it down from what I really wanted to say!

However, I had 3 phone calls before 9am and an email apologising! One of the senior guys got through to me and immediately arranged for the car to be collected from me. He's just called to say that they have replaced the tyre and checked the vents and plan to get the car back to me later this evening. I asked if there would be an issue if I have a new tyre on one side and a tyre that has done 11,000 miles on the other and he said providing there is no more than 30% difference then it should be fine because the car does not have a limited slip differential.

I have to say that I'm wary of such "tecnical" responses as I suspect I'm being baffled with bs! (Not being a techie myself) Would love to hear your views on this!

So, in short, the OPC does seem to be on top of fixing things! We shall see what comes back to me later today!

Re: Raging Mad! - Update

Stormchild said:
I asked if there would be an issue if I have a new tyre on one side and a tyre that has done 11,000 miles on the other and he said providing there is no more than 30% difference then it should be fine because the car does not have a limited slip differential.

So didn't they check it?

Stormchild said:
I have to say that I'm wary of such "tecnical" responses as I suspect I'm being baffled with bs! (Not being a techie myself) Would love to hear your views on this!

Page 201 of the manual States -

When a defective tyre is replaced, it should be noted that deviations in tread depth must not exceed 30% on one axle.

So, there will be 8mm on the new tyre, therefore your old tyre should not have less than 5.6mm!! Now on my car if I'd run 11,000 on a front tyre I would expect at least half of the tread to have gone!

I'd check this before you take the car back. :) You might get a new front set. :) Result. :thumb:

Good advice ResB, I've asked for them both to be measured.

Will let you know how it goes!

PS - how did you get the cool pic under your posts? Have often admired it!

Stormchild said:
Good advice ResB, I've asked for them both to be measured.

Will let you know how it goes!

PS - how did you get the cool pic under your posts? Have often admired it!

Just did it in Photoshop CS3. :), quite easy really.

Let me know how it goes. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back