Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

parking up for winter

TR 1972

Dont get to use the car much 997 cab, just thinking what precautions I should take if any if I choose to park up for the winter. Any advice appreciated

It will seize up, the intermediate shaft will break, and the RMS will fail, and your engine will be wrecked...

... Best let me drive it over the winter if you're not going to :floor: :floor: :floor:

Sorry - couldn't resist! :oops:

Connect battery to a trickle charger. I think that's all you need to do. Personally I wouldn't risk not driving a car designed for all seasons not to be driven in Winter.

~ Maxie

Mid November mine goes into storage till April !

Storage place she normally goes to can't take her, so I will be looking for somewhere in Surrey !!

Anyone got any ideas ??

You can park it in my garage Dan when I get it - It will be somewhere in France and I'll even trickle charge it for ya....

How much does storage cost these days?

Marcus Quigley said:
You can park it in my garage Dan when I get it - It will be somewhere in France and I'll even trickle charge it for ya....

How much does storage cost these days?

I am getting quotes of £105 + Vat (per month)

Daniel said:

Storage place she normally goes to can't take her, so I will be looking for somewhere in Surrey !!

Anyone got any ideas ??

I am waiting for some units to be finished in Dorking that we want to use as storage and also keep some of our cabs when not in use. If theres room I'll give you a shout !

try looking at some of these

http://www.martin-brown.uk.com/commsales.asp?tid=8

If you find anyhting thats too big, I might be interested.

j8fbr said:
Daniel said:

Anyone got any ideas ??

I am waiting for some units to be finished in Dorking that we want to use as storage and also keep some of our cabs when not in use. If theres room I'll give you a shout !

:thumbs:

Daniel said:
j8fbr said:
Daniel said:

Anyone got any ideas ??

:thumbs:

Just thought Dan - I might know somwhere and in Horley......will be a carport with a garage door in front of it though (sounds weird I know but is fine)....my oldest friend's Mum (know him since playschool) doesn;t drive so no car - shall I make some tentative enquiries :?:

Hi Daniel Try Storage King in Mitcham London there only charging around 40-60 a month as a promo, I keep mine there 24 Hour CCTV and security

Call Ryan or Simon 0208 646 8930 tell them Jay sent you.

Not exactly Surrey but if your not driving it until April it's not that far.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back